need urgent advice 3 X Corsair(XMS-1GB -DIMM184-DDR)?

waelh2001

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
hi
i have just subscribed to this great forum and looking to be an active member hopefully....this is my first post:)
i am intending to upgrade my system memory to 3 X (Corsair XMS - Memory - 1 GB - DIMM 184-pin - DDR - 400 MHz / PC3200 - CL2 )

here is the Ram Model :

XMS Corsair

My question is regarding the compatibility of this ram with my System ...My system Specs Are :

Motherboard : Asus A8N32 SLI - Deluxe
CPU : AMD ATHLON 64 X2 Dual Core +4400 @2.21Ghz - 2MB L2 Cache
Cpu Cooler : Zalman CNPS9500 LED
Graphics Card: XFX GTS 8800 640MB
Ram : 1GB (one Stick) Corsair PC 3200 (Model No : vs1GB400C3)
Keyboard: Trantula Razer Gaming Keyboard
Mouse : Logitech G7 Gaming Mouse
LCD: Benq 19 inch
MousePad : Xtrac Ripper XXL
WebCam : Logitech QuickCam Ultra Vision Special Edition
PowerSupply : Aopen 400watt

I would like to know whether am going to have some Compatibilty issues between the ram and the motherboard.. and whether some members already have those two components sticked together or not?

i am intending to buy 3 sticks (3GB in total) in the next few days.
waiting for good support.
thanx in advance :)

Mondoman

Splendid
I'd just buy 1 stick to have 2GB total. Going to CL2 won't make a big difference in performance.

However, I would buy a new better quality and more powerful power supply, given the big graphics card you've got listed.

waelh2001

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
about the power supply i already thought about it and soon i will go for zalman 600W or more.so dont worry about that.......i am just afraid about the compability issue between the ram and motherboard.......and also i am gonna remove the old 1GB ram which i have since they may bring some problems due to the latency differences.....

any other help i would appreciate :wink:

waelh2001

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
about the power supply i already thought about it and soon i will go for zalman 600W or more.so dont worry about that.......i am just afraid about the compability issue between the ram and motherboard.......and also i am gonna remove the old 1GB ram which i have since they may bring some problems due to the latency differences.....

any other help i would appreciate :wink:

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
You won't have compatibility issues with our memory and that board. However, running 3 DIMMs is a BAD idea. It would likely be unstable or possibly not even boot. I'd suggest 2 or 4 EXACTLY matching DIMMs.