Zipped (compressed folders) in directory tree

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I must be imagining things... I think I remember that XP could
show the compressed folders on the right pane of windows explorer in
the directory tree amoung the other normal folders....

Its not like this now, does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about zipped compressed folders directory tree

    Kenny

    Is your problem that the folders are not seen at all, or just that they are
    not colored?

    Tools>Folder Options>View. Scroll down until you find Files and Folders
    section and put a check in "Show encrypted etc. in color"

    Gord

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:16:58 +0300, "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote:

    >I must be imagining things... I think I remember that XP could
    >show the compressed folders on the right pane of windows explorer in
    >the directory tree amoung the other normal folders....
    >
    >Its not like this now, does anyone know how to do this?
    >
    >Thanks

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Kenny S wrote:

    > I must be imagining things... I think I remember that XP could
    > show the compressed folders on the right pane of windows explorer in
    > the directory tree amoung the other normal folders....
    >
    > Its not like this now, does anyone know how to do this?
    >
    > Thanks

    I was told to use: At Start > Run type
    REGSVR32 ZIPFLDR.DLL
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    hey kenny,

    thanks for making me look at this issue. yep, i remember that there was a
    time, zip files were treated as folders and you can see its contents just
    the way you described it.

    however, i can't remember making any changes regarding this. i have sp2 now
    and it's not how it was before. maybe i am wrong that this has something to
    do with sp2, though.

    any other guys who can comment on this?

    Regards,
    Dennis Lazo

    the email address from where this message has been sent from is unmonitored.
    e-mails may be sent at http://dennislazo.com/email/.
    information herein is provided as is with no warranties, and confers no
    rights.

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >I must be imagining things... I think I remember that XP could
    > show the compressed folders on the right pane of windows explorer in
    > the directory tree amoung the other normal folders....
    >
    > Its not like this now, does anyone know how to do this?
    >
    > Thanks

Windows Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP