slight mobo prob i think...

xuqra

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
hey all,

just a quick question, i bought a asus p5w dh deluxe mobo and e6700, also got a hyper 2.2 atx psu, raptor x 150gb, 2 x 1gig corsair xms2 6400,

when i turn the computer on all the fans kinda just jurder (kinda like they just been nudges a lil) a bit for no longer than a second, maybe less, the fan leds come on for about a second and the cpu fan kinda nudges , just a small movement then it turns off. ive connect both of the power connecters etc and followd the manual over and over but nothing happens just wont boot :(

i bought it all from overclockers and im sure the bios on the mobo is uptodate and will support the e6700, but not sure :(

i would be very grateful if you could help me ! ta

There are some faqs on this website for building your own system. I would reinstall the power supply leads to the board and the memory sticks. Or you can carefully remove the board, and place it on the box it came in or a phonebook, and do a minimal install of one memory stick, video card, and cpu/heatsink and see if it posts. I've never had a brand new board fail to post. If your case has a speaker, be sure to connect it to the board to listen for beep codes when posting. Most problems are caused by simple operator errors.

xuqra

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
i tried the minimal install with both memory modules in turns, gfx, cpu/hs, mobo and the psu but no luck,

i turn the psu on, green light shows on the mobo. go to click the on switch on the case and all that happens is the cpu fan and gfx fan twitch, thats it and the green light stays on, the mobo :(