Looking for tv tuner card software, need advice

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
Hi, does anyone know of any other (if possible free) software that is good that i could use with my tv wonder 650, instead of the software that came with it? , since that does not allow me to pause during recordings, and I wanted to just find something new/better

Thank You

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
lol, I was interested in apps that I could use for Windows xp, I heard about Beyond Tv, and Power cinema so far, but as far as I know those are regular (payed software) , I was wondering f there is any freewere that does simmilar things?

besides Im also not certain that i caould pause the recordings using those 2 apps mentioned above.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I really have no idea. Try an HTPC forum maybe. My experience personally is limited to ATI's software for the AIW card, and MCE. :p I know both will allow you to pause and to set the space or time that u can record during pauses.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
thx, will check it out, btw in regards of using the software (catalyst Myltimedia Center)that came with it, does not really work well, that is there is a pausing option, but its grayed out, and Im unable to pause at all, only record, or stop the recording, so im unable to skip any commercials, and such. Does anyone know maby how could I "enable" that option? Or maby its just my software, and others are able to pause while recording using the same hardware, and software?

Thank You.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I believe you have to download a "plug-in" of sorts from the website of your tuner manufacturer. ATI/AMD has one for their AIW cards that imbeds into the MCE software. Worth looking into anyway, it might enable some functions in MCE.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
thx for the info, ill check it out, the thing is that im using only windows xp, with the Catalyst Multimedia center, sothat is the mc You mentioned that would be great, thank You, will report back tommorow if I find anything...if not, then I guess ill be still on the lookout ;)