Google TiSP- Hoax or awesome new tech?

yuseaname

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Hello Everyone- I wanted to share something with you all to get your opinion on said subject. The subject is Google TiSP, a new service Google seems (and let me reiterate- seems) to be offering. It is a connection that involves you flushing a fiber optic cable down your toilet after connecting to a sinker (Google's patented GFlush :lol: ) and after a little while, someone will discover the wire and connect it to a connection node. After hooking the wire up to what seems to be a Netgear wireless router from Google's pictures, you will have in-house wifi for free on the first tier (8MB/s up, 2MB/s down) and is not very expensive for the following tiers. However, there is a catch. One must be on a municipal sewer line in a city. Google claims to have nodes everywhere and maybe this is true. I just want to get some feedback from others on this subject. The site, with press release and installation instructions can be found here .

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
lol, i was just going to post the same thing :lol:

anyways, google overlooked only one flaw, what the hell are you going to do if you "need to go for #2" and use internet at the same time?!

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
anyways, google overlooked only one flaw, what the hell are you going to do if you "need to go for #2" and use internet at the same time?!

I just pity the "Plumbing Hardware Dispatchers" man what a job :(

One of the better Aprils fools jokes this year IMHO.

TRENDING THREADS