Hardware/software issues

Asjasck

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
Hey, i know i have been asking alot of questions. That's because this is the 1st time i build my own rig. :eek:

Question 1:
I have been resetting my computer with the reset switch couple of times. That is because i have some issues with Windows Vista and other drivers. Does resetting my computer frequently with the reset button damage the computer's hardware or software?

Question 2:
I have been reformatting and doing fresh installation of Windows Vista many times. Will that damage the hardware or software?

Question 3:
I have been installing many drivers for the chipset, audio and graphic card. The installation are of different versions mainly due to Windows Vista compatibility issues. Some of the software doesn't work. Will frequent installation of many softwares damage the hardware?

I have been installing many Forceware drivers for my Geforce 8800GTS of different versions. Will that damage the graphic card?

Thanks a million gazillion!

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
I wouldn't think any of this would damage you're hardware and software, you're mental state is something else. :) It's likely your drive needs a defrag. I'm curious, is there a reason you're putting yourself through this? Why not install XP and be done with it?

Asjasck

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
I worry more of the hardware. The files wouldn't be there too because of reformatting. So it wouldn't cause any damage to the hardware right?

Thanks.

cutthroat

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Nothing you mentioned is going to hurt your hardware, but I'm concerned at your difficulty getting drivers to work on Vista. It shouldn't be that difficult if the driver is made for Vista. Why don't you list your hardware and maybe we can help you with your driver troubles.

Asjasck

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
Most important hardwares like CPU, GC, chipset i already got suitable driver online. Drivers for DVD burning, wifi adapter, audio and some game drivers is what's troubling me.