removing default map objects...

Last response: in Video Games
November 23, 2004 5:16:26 PM

fuducker. whilst flying around nogova i found a stone circle (Bb14),
problem being it's full o' trees. wanting to clear these out, i tried
showing the object ids and using the init file to remove them, or at
least get them out of the way. i tried to change their position, set
their damage to full... nothing is working. no matter what i try,
there they are, all treeish with glee.

i've looked around for scriptlets to deal with this, but am coming up
with nothing. any solutions?

thanks in advance
cheers
November 24, 2004 6:30:54 AM

I think you can only do that by altering the .wrp (world?) file, UNLESS the
trees were added using Editor Upgrade (a user-made addon) or Update (another
one). In THAT case, you could delete the trees or even move them by working
with the appropriate lines of code in NotePad or by working with them in the
Mission Editor.

--Uzi

"Bedges" <bedges_mcclaverty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> fuducker. whilst flying around nogova i found a stone circle (Bb14),
> problem being it's full o' trees. wanting to clear these out, i tried
> showing the object ids and using the init file to remove them, or at
> least get them out of the way. i tried to change their position, set
> their damage to full... nothing is working. no matter what i try,
> there they are, all treeish with glee.
>
> i've looked around for scriptlets to deal with this, but am coming up
> with nothing. any solutions?
>
> thanks in advance
> cheers
November 25, 2004 3:57:33 AM

Doesn't it produce a "player xxx uses modified file" ? If so, it's like
designing a new island : edit it, give it a new name and distribute it with
the mission... Looks like a lot of work to me...

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
>I think you can only do that by altering the .wrp (world?) file, UNLESS the
>trees were added using Editor Upgrade (a user-made addon) or Update
>(another one). In THAT case, you could delete the trees or even move them
>by working with the appropriate lines of code in NotePad or by working with
>them in the Mission Editor.
>
> --Uzi
>
> "Bedges" <bedges_mcclaverty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> fuducker. whilst flying around nogova i found a stone circle (Bb14),
>> problem being it's full o' trees. wanting to clear these out, i tried
>> showing the object ids and using the init file to remove them, or at
>> least get them out of the way. i tried to change their position, set
>> their damage to full... nothing is working. no matter what i try,
>> there they are, all treeish with glee.
>>
>> i've looked around for scriptlets to deal with this, but am coming up
>> with nothing. any solutions?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>> cheers

November 25, 2004 6:29:38 PM

I'd say your best bet is just to build your own. I did the one below using
the following object in the editor, Side:Empty, Class:Camera, Unit:Rock Tall
Granite.

HTH, I don't know anything about mission building!

http://tinyurl.com/474ep
November 27, 2004 11:41:49 PM

you cant do what you wanna do.

There's a stone circle in the far NW corner of Nogova, in the open if I
recall.

You can exactly copy the circle though, using s combo of commands, and
starting with their ID

"Bedges" <bedges_mcclaverty@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> fuducker. whilst flying around nogova i found a stone circle (Bb14),
> problem being it's full o' trees. wanting to clear these out, i tried
> showing the object ids and using the init file to remove them, or at
> least get them out of the way. i tried to change their position, set
> their damage to full... nothing is working. no matter what i try,
> there they are, all treeish with glee.
>
> i've looked around for scriptlets to deal with this, but am coming up
> with nothing. any solutions?
>
> thanks in advance
> cheers
November 28, 2004 9:09:24 PM

"TJ" wrote

> you cant do what you wanna do.

it looked that way, but after stumbling around for the past couple of
days i have realised: there is (almost always) a way...

i did at least discover how to destroy the objects in question, thanks
to a collapsing bridge script by oojah - all it needed was

object whatever_id setDammage 1;

tried it, and the trees keel over inside the circle, and stay there.
no vanishing, sadly.

the idea of building a stone circle is interesting, might give that a
go.

currently looking for pictures of all the available faces, save me
having to line a bunch of guys up, but i suppose i should just go to
the trouble of putting all the models out on a map to see what it all
looks like. good for snapshots also.

tanks for the response folks,
cheers