Voltage settings for Gigabyte DS3

I have read the C2D overclocking guide on TG Forumz. While it says what the various voltage readings should be, I don't know what the stock amounts are. For example, it says to set MCH to 1.55v. But when I go to change the setting for that, it only gives me options to increase by .1, .2, etc. What are the baseline settings for this mobo for things like:

vMCH
vCore
vFSB

And where do I even change the vICH settings?

Also, while I have the timings of my ram changed to 4-4-4-12 2.0v, what settings to I do for things like

ACT to ACT
Bank write to read
Wrtie to precharge delay
Refresh to ACT delay
Read to precharge delay

I think I am getting the hang of this OC thing. I am at 2.9 Ghz for an e4300 on stock voltage for the CPU so far. Need to know what's next..push that voltage I guess?

Thanks

E4300
Gskill PC26400CL4
Tuniq
Gigabyte DS3 v3.3 F10
6 answers Last reply
More about voltage settings gigabyte
  1. Quote:
    Also, while I have the timings of my ram changed to 4-4-4-12 2.0v, what settings to I do for things like

ACT to ACT
    Bank write to read
    Wrtie to precharge delay
    Refresh to ACT delay
    Read to precharge delay

The four timings you have set at 4-4-4-12 are the important ones, emphasis on the first three 4-4-4. Beyond the four you have set the other settings you mention are of less significance if any noticable signifificance. Setting the timings to a lower value tightens the RAM's performance while choosing a higher value setting loosens the RAM's responsiveness. HTH.
  2. I think I got the RAM timings down...but I am still unsure about the various voltages. I read what various guides have said to set the voltages to, but this mobo lists options as +.1, +.2. What are the default voltages so I know which option to chose?
    Thanks
  3. The RAM mfg. specifies the voltages for your DIMMS (G. Skill). PC6400 ranges from 1.8 to 2.1 or slightly higher. Check with G. Skill for your RAM's specific voltage and set it there in BIOS. Be careful not to overvolt your RAM in excess. Overvolting can cause your system to run hot and in worst case scenario damage your RAM permanently.
  4. Thanks...but I am referring specifically to the mobo voltages

vMCH
    vFSB
    vCore

etc
  5. Well, you are asking the wrong guy...the last time I adjusted those I burned the back side of the MB clear out to the case and singed the case metal a deep tone of smoked brown. Proceed with caution. Words of a wse man.
  6. Depends how high you are OC'ing. For a 4300 up to about 2.4 ghz, you can leave vCORE at 1.325, MCH at stock, vDIMM at stock, vPCI at stock, vFSB at stock.

Higher than 2.5/2.6 and you'll need to start juicing them up +0.1v or so.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking