Sign in with
Your question

All I want to do is play a DVD, Please help! ARGH!

Last response: in Windows XP
January 10, 2007 8:52:57 PM

Ok, so I have been trying to play a DVD for the last hour and a half. VLC Media player plays the dvd, but only half of the audio is played (ie the sound effects of birds chirping, and a remote control car are played, but you can't hear anything anyone is saying.) If anyone knows how to fix that, then that would be great. Also if I try using Media Player Classic then it plays choppy/slowed down video and audio. I also tried AVS Media player, but that would start to load the video and stop at 3% and never get any farther. I'm not sure how that program works, but it seemed like it was trying to rip the dvd and then play it or something.

Anyway

I just need a dvd player that works, Any ideas of ones i can download or ways I can fix my problems with my current players?

More about : play dvd argh

January 11, 2007 12:46:32 AM

Thanks for the response! I tried installing the klite codec pack, now I am still getting choppy playback, but i also only have half of the audio, just like my VLC. ugh, anymore suggestions anyone?
Related resources
January 11, 2007 5:44:36 AM

yes please drop it "Gspot" and see what kind of codecs it says it needs to play it.

gspot comes with your mega codec pack start>klite codec pack>tools>gspot

if it says you have all the codecs for it then in gspot file>play using associated player

here see if it plays if for you correctly, if not then the file you have maybe corrupt or missing parts or chunks
January 11, 2007 7:10:41 AM

it is a DVD not a file. I'm not sure how to open a dvd with GSpot or if it is even possible. So I can't check what codec it requires and I can't try the Open with associated player option.
January 11, 2007 8:00:16 AM

direct the path of the dvd file in gspot to go to your dvd player, you are looking for the vob files
January 12, 2007 10:16:55 PM

Ok here is my problem now. I fixed the audio in VLC so now I can hear it. I just had to play the movie and then click Audio---> 2 front 2 back speakers. It was set to 5.1 Before that. Now after about 3-5 minutes of playing it comes up with a windows error report.

Here is a picture of the error I'm getting

Any help would be fantastic

I heard something about reverting back to version 7 and that it might fix some problems. Anyone have any ideas of where i can get version 7 and try that?
January 12, 2007 10:28:04 PM

I don't have time to look at your pic and see what I can make out of it, but I will later, in the mean time which vlc version did you want?

or

or

0.7.2?
January 12, 2007 10:28:53 PM

I am not sure i have 0.8.6a, I heard that reverting back to 7 can fix some problems... i guess the most update versino of 7?
!