How can I transfer soft on my new system w/oreinstalling

Luciano

Distinguished
May 9, 2005
Just finised up building a new system based on Core 2 Duo.Works like a charm,but I can't reinstall Nero and other sound,video editing and other software because I don't have the CD's or saved copies anywhere.Is there an utility or anything that I can use to transfer this stuff?

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
if you mean compelety transfer over the app as it is, with your keys and etc, then I don't belive so, your keys and etc are stored in the regkeys and those the transfer wizard does not carry over, but I'm not 100% sure.

I think if you cloned your original hd to the new hd in the new pc and then did a repair of your xp cd you maybe able to get away with it but again I'm not sure.

diplomat696

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2004
yeah i think your "sol" there but if you still have your old machine burn the setup files (assuming you still have those) to data and then reinstall them. If you dont then your probably looking at needing to purchase some new software.

Honestly if you just built a new machine I would install new programs rather than trying to transfer over programs which are probably pretty garbled having been installed for some time presumably on your old pc your going to get best performance that way.