internet won't work with sp1

April 23, 2005 6:57:19 PM

The one computer I do have xp everytime I put sp2 on it gets rid of my
internet and I can't download until I get rid of sp2

More about : internet work sp1

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 10:41:50 PM

"K_Wilferling" <K_Wilferling@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The one computer I do have xp everytime I put sp2 on it gets rid of my
> internet and I can't download until I get rid of sp2

Make sure you clean your machine before installing SP2. First run an
up-to-date anti-virus.

What You Should Know About Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/deviou...

CAUTION!!!!! Removing some spyware can damage the Winsock stack. Before
you try to remove spyware, download a copy of LSP-Fix - a free program to
repair damaged Winsock 2 stacks (all Windows versions)
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Winsockfix for W95, W98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip
Directions here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
WinXP:
Get WinSockxpFix
How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
In WinXP SP2: You can fix Winsock by going to Start | Run and typing
CMD
In the command window type
netsh winsock reset

See
Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=5878
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/data/tshoot.htm
http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

K_Wilferling wrote:
> The one computer I do have xp everytime I put sp2 on it gets rid of my
> internet and I can't download until I get rid of sp2

Reading this article may make SP2 installation more successful:
Installing Service Pack 2 (SP2)
http://support.microsoft.com/xpsp2getinstall
April 24, 2005 8:46:19 PM

K_Wilferling wrote:
> The one computer I do have xp everytime I put sp2 on it gets rid of my
> internet and I can't download until I get rid of sp2

How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to Act Smart on Usenet

Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Otherwise, you might as well try here:

Psychic Friends Network
(800) 592-7827

April 24, 2005 9:39:34 PM

For god's sake give it a rest. if you haven't got anything constructive to
say which will help the original poster solve his problem the just don't
bother.
All you ever do is berate, belittle, contradict and generally be as
obnoxious as you possible can. Go out and get a life!
What difference doe it make if the OP doesn't post correctly, so long as we
can read what he has to say then i have no problem with it.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

> K_Wilferling wrote:
>> The one computer I do have xp everytime I put sp2 on it gets rid of my
>> internet and I can't download until I get rid of sp2
>
> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>
> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>
> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html
>
> Otherwise, you might as well try here:
>
> Psychic Friends Network
> (800) 592-7827
>
> --
> In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

April 24, 2005 9:53:02 PM

I totally agree, I think Miss Prick finds it more entertaining to pick at
people rather than help them.
Regardless, with the internet issue, are you getting a "limited or no
connectivity" message after you install sp2? Seems to be a common issue after
the installation, ensure you have no spyware prior to install as someone else
had mentioned. Also, see KB 892896 if that is the message you receive. Good
luck!

!