changing disc letters

hi all,

have installed two new hard drives and partitioned them and my cd rom
comes up as d my dvd comes up as e and the rest of my portition start
at f to k. but on my old system the cd and dvd were the last. can
anyone tell me if its possible to rename the drives so cd and dvd are
the last two in letter order.

regards

stuart sparksl

--
stuart sparks

hello
To change the drive letters:

Right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.

Under Computer Management, click Disk Management. In next screen you will
see your drives listed. CD-ROM drives will be there below your hard drives .

Right-click the drive or CD-ROM you want to change, and then click Change
Drive Letter and Paths.Adjust the letters as you like.

Hope this helps

Click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, choose any unused
letter from D to L, and then click OK.

"stuart sparks" wrote:

> hi all,
>
> have installed two new hard drives and partitioned them and my cd rom
> comes up as d my dvd comes up as e and the rest of my portition start
> at f to k. but on my old system the cd and dvd were the last. can
> anyone tell me if its possible to rename the drives so cd and dvd are
> the last two in letter order.
>

> regards
>
> stuart sparksl
>

> --