Zone Alarm Pro and Spysweeper

frankienyc123

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
Im currently using the following programs for internet security.
AVG antivirus 7.5.432
Spysweeper 5.2.3.2132
Zone Alarm Pro 6.5.737
I also use Kaspersky AV 6.0 for a weekly virus scan. I treid Kaspersky as my main realtime virus program but it didnt work well with my system, the system acted slowly and did strange things like randomly shutting down. So I just use it to do weekly virus scans.

Anyways, the version of Zone Alarm I have has a built in Antispyware program and I was wondering wheter I should turn it on or not since I already have Spysweeper??

thanks

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
to be honest I would lose za and use sygate pro however for za, ya disable the anti spy thing it has, SS is much better
headbangernu4.gif

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Zone Alarm is better than Kaspersky. There is nothing wrong with it.

Ed is used to Sygate Pro, and has had some glitches with ZA in the past.

I have had none.

Stay with SpySweeper - its the best there is now. But use it passively. Don't let it load at startup. Run it once a week manually.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Im currently using the following programs for internet security.
AVG antivirus 7.5.432
Spysweeper 5.2.3.2132
Zone Alarm Pro 6.5.737
I also use Kaspersky AV 6.0 for a weekly virus scan. I treid Kaspersky as my main realtime virus program but it didnt work well with my system, the system acted slowly and did strange things like randomly shutting down. So I just use it to do weekly virus scans.

Anyways, the version of Zone Alarm I have has a built in Antispyware program and I was wondering wheter I should turn it on or not since I already have Spysweeper??

thanks

Never a good idea to run two of the same type of security program, anti spyware, anti viurs, or firewall, at the same so I'd run one or the other.

TRENDING THREADS