Grey Screen

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 7, 2004 6:00:24 PM

A little while back I upgraded to a 64 bit pc, details below. and since
then, I have not been able to play OFP, which cheeses me a bit, cos its an
awesome game, all I get is a grey screen, is this a 64 bit issue, or
something else? my graphics drivers, sound, directx etc are all up to date,
any ideas appreciated!!

System

AMD XP 64 3400
1gb Crucial DDR
Asus MOBO (although, not tried it on this yet !! new mobo last week)
ATI X800 256 graphics,

an plenty of hd space lol

any help please!!

More about : grey screen

Anonymous
December 7, 2004 7:41:10 PM

Did you try running the preferences program?
There was a problem with a 'green screen' maybe yours is similar, try
searching http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

--
Kango <TZW>

"Me" <me@nospam.com> wrote in message
>A little while back I upgraded to a 64 bit pc, details below. and since
> then, I have not been able to play OFP, which cheeses me a bit, cos its an
> awesome game, all I get is a grey screen, is this a 64 bit issue, or
> something else? my graphics drivers, sound, directx etc are all up to
> date,
> any ideas appreciated!!
>
> System
>
> AMD XP 64 3400
> 1gb Crucial DDR
> Asus MOBO (although, not tried it on this yet !! new mobo last week)
> ATI X800 256 graphics,
>
> an plenty of hd space lol
>
> any help please!!

Related resources
December 7, 2004 8:03:44 PM

"RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message
> Did you try running the preferences program?
> There was a problem with a 'green screen' maybe yours is similar, try
> searching http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/
>

> --
cheers
taking a look now!
December 7, 2004 11:41:30 PM

<theavonlady@theavonlady.org> wrote in message
> Nah! Look here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikon...;f=3;
t=39269
> I need to add a FAQ item on this.

Nice one, thought it was just me going senile (probably still is lol) many
thanks!!
December 8, 2004 2:12:18 PM

<theavonlady@theavonlady.org> wrote in message
> Nah! Look here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikon...;f=3;
t=39269
> I need to add a FAQ item on this.

Just to let you know, the -nomap -nosplash addin worked for me, nice again,
many thanks
!