strange problem ive never seen before

Ok i just re-installed Win XP pro and when i try to double click on my HDs
or optical drives i get the windows search menu instead.

If i right click i see that the search option is on top and not open. Now
before this i installed Acdsee (picture viewing program) and if i tried the
above that would open and if i right clicked one of my drives acdsee what
top of the list and below was search.

I was messing around with folder options getting it back to a more classic
windows look buti tried resetting defaults but no joy.

Help me its driving me mad and i don want to go through another install just
to get rid of something as stupid as this.

Bri

Hi Bri,

A common problem with an easy fix:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Hi Bri,
>
> A common problem with an easy fix:
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_folder_open.htm
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

Hi Rick

Having never messed with the registery and VB scripts , i click on the link
and it gives me a text document. but from what i can gather im suppsed to
run this VB script but tbh i havent a clue how to do this.

Bri

Forget the above reply , i was using firefox and it would just open the file
for me. Went back to IE and its all worked great.

Thanks a bunch for that :)

Bri

Hi,

You're welcome.