Combo TV tuner and graphics card

knottshawk

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
Are these made? If so, are they worth anything? I don't game anymore and my new computer just has the integrated card right now. (I forgot my old card was AGP). I'd like to get a tv tuner, but I was hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone. Thanks!

Have used the All-in-wonder Ati Graphics cards since BC (Before color) well it seems that long. Great cards, not great for gaming. If you are using vista (Note: I bought 2006 PCI-e AIW) You could call it NOTHING in wonder. AMD/ATI has not, nor does it look like, will redoing the MMC -Multimedia center for Vista. I heard, have not confirmed, that they plan on discontinuing the AIW series. - Quess I'll swiitch!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
All In Wonder cards are great for gaming--just as great as the chips they're based on. The AIW X800XTX for example was just as fast as the standard X800XTX, but cheaper due to lower demand. The decreased demand was likely due to people like you telling others that AIW is not for gaming.

I have an AIW X1900...ATI doesn't make a Radeon X1900. It's faster than a Radeon X1800XL.

The MMC thing, well, ATI really screwed up when making its drivers compatible with Windows Media Center. They decided to put the audio through the bus, rather than through a sound card cable, but the result was unsolvable timing issues.

The AIW 2006 is crap for gaming because it's based on either the 9600SE or X1300, depending on whether you get an AGP or PCI-E version. Both the 9600SE and X1300 are crap for gaming.

The last All-In-Wonder that could be hacked-back to earlier TV tuner/audio drivers was the X800XT AGP.

If you're running Windows Media Center, you can skip the problems the new drivers have caused MMC by not using MMC.

Orion63

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
AIW 9700 Pro AGP (Directx 9c) is a good card. Mine died and would have cost the same as a x1950 Pro AGP to replace it. It ran everything great - at least I was happy with it. Only reason I didn't get another one is because I have an old 3dfx Voodoo TV200 that I can use for TV. I do miss that AIW, since I could use the input dongle to capture analog inputs.