Quality Air Cooling

JimmyMcAwesome

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2007
Alright, so im going to buy a new rig soon, and im going to over clock it. I'm gonna get the core 2 duo E6400, possibly the E6420, on a Gigabyte DS3, I've been looking around, and i cant seem to find some of the big names I've been reading about (the Thermalright Ultra 120, Tuniq Tower, or the Scythe Ninja), probably cause i live up here in the grate white north.
The Zalman 9700 is a little too pricey for me.
So far I've been looking at the Scythe Infinity which i read is pretty nice, or the Zlaman 7000 which is nice and quite, but i don't know how cool it will be, any tips or advice would be help full.

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Probably the best out there is NCIX for Canadian online resellers. They are actually the mother/sister company of DirectCanada, and they've got tons of specials on every week. If you can find a better deal for a product somewhere else, then you can price match it and get it for that price. I find they have a bigger selection than DirectCanada too, since DC only came out in the last 6 months. NCIX also does your RMA stuff for the first year for most products.

Tigerdirect is alright, but not great. I've had some big duds from them, so I don't shop there anymore, only check their prices to see if I can price match something.

Other places I shop at include:
Frozencpu.com
megapc.com
bigfootcomputers.com
krallkomputers.com

Hope that helps.

The Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme is possibly the best cooler out there right now, they've got a good article on it at anandtech.com if you want to take a look.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
If you're not overclocking then you can use the Artic Cooling Freezer 7 like the guy above mentioned. But performance and overclocking, the Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme is one of the best out there. It's coming out next week and you can snag it at Frozencpu.com.