sirrobin4ever

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Has anyone had this problem? Anytime I try to install anything, an error shows up that says "Install Shield- Setup has encountered an error." It shows up as error #-6001. I have tried the three suggestions it gives. Does anyone know how to fix this? I would love to be able to install things again.
Thanks

PS- How do I post an image? I took a screenshot of the error.

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
1. Make sure that the window of which you want to take a screenshot is on top (in the foreground).

2. Push the PRT SCR (Print Screen) key once

(on older computers do this: Hold down the ALT key and press the PRT SC key once).

This operation copies a bitmap image of the window to the Clipboard.

3. Open the Accessories menu (for example, from the Start button in Windows then All Programs) and choose Paint or Paintbrush. An untitled graphics window will open.

4. From the Edit menu, choose Paste. After a delay (how long depends on your computer) an image of the window of which you took a screenshot will appear in the Paintbrush edit window.

5. From the File menu, choose Save As. You can now choose File Name and below that you can choose Save As Type: and I suggest you save as type .jpg

(IN older computers with Paintbrush: Your choices include 256-color Windows bitmap format (.BMP), monochrome .BMP format, 16-color (4-bit) .BMP format, 24-bit .BMP format, and .PCX format. I'd suggest either 256-color or 16-color .BMP format, depending on your framebuffer.) save it on your destop as lets say picture.jpg.

6. Now go to http://www.imageshack.us/ and you can choose the settings below, hit the "choose" tab and navagate to your destop and pic the picture, our example is picture.jpg so we gonna navagte to the destop and choose picture.jpg.

untitled4xj.jpg

7. Now hit "host it" and wait a bit and the page will reload and you will see this:

now choose "Thumbnail for forums (1)" and copy the whole link and pase it here for thumbnails.

If the pic is small enough that it does not need the thumbnail then just copy the "Direct link to image" and then in the post box here just hit the "IMG" tab and paste the address there then hit "ok".
source

sirrobin4ever

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
Thanks guys. You solved both of my problems in two posts! How efficient!

Edklite, I've never had a reason to post an image, so I never have before. Thank you.

Pscowboy, I'm guessing that you've had this problem before? Did what you said, fixed my problems straight away. Thanks again.

:D