OTA HDTV

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 20, 2004 9:17:05 PM

I've subscribed to all the HD channels TW offers and they are great.
However, I've noticed that although the Monday night football game is
broadcast in HD, TW does not give it to me in HD. This is one of the main
network channels so I was curious if I put up an antenna in the attic if I
could receive it off the air in HD? My set does have a integrated HD tuner
and two antenna inputs.

More about : ota hdtv

Anonymous
November 20, 2004 9:17:06 PM

Jack Dotson wrote:

> I've subscribed to all the HD channels TW offers and they are great.
> However, I've noticed that although the Monday night football game is
> broadcast in HD, TW does not give it to me in HD. This is one of the main
> network channels so I was curious if I put up an antenna in the attic if I
> could receive it off the air in HD? My set does have a integrated HD tuner
> and two antenna inputs.

THere could be 3 possibilities of Why no ABC NFL Monday Nite....

1) Your Local ABC TV station can not pass thru nor transmit
HD Programs yet...

2) Time Warner & the local ABC-TV have not 'signed' a HD contract
yet....

3) The Local ABC-TV has 'damaged HD' equipment or is Not
throwing the 'switches' to pass the HD to the ABC Tower..
This can be messy if the HD Program is not monitored
frequently by the on duty Engr staff of one...
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 9:27:48 PM

You should get this broadcast in HD over your local ABC affilliate's digital
HD channel. Do you not have that in your TW lineup? Or do you get other HD
broadcasts from ABC, just not MNF? If you don't get any ABC HD, then do you
have CBS, NBC, Fox, maybe WB, local affilliate digital HD channels?

Have you called TW and asked about this? I would call them if you get no
ABC HD. Call them AND your local ABC affilliate if you are just not getting
MNF.

Our local ABC station has, on two occasions that I saw, started MNF in SD,
then switched it over to HD a little later. One time, they had a tech
problem they had to fix. The other time they were probably just asleep at
the switch.

mack
austin

"Jack Dotson" <jdotson@stx.rr.com> wrote in message
> I've subscribed to all the HD channels TW offers and they are great.
> However, I've noticed that although the Monday night football game is
> broadcast in HD, TW does not give it to me in HD. This is one of the main
> network channels so I was curious if I put up an antenna in the attic if I
> could receive it off the air in HD? My set does have a integrated HD
tuner
> and two antenna inputs.

November 21, 2004 12:22:00 AM

"Mack McKinnon" <MckinnonRemoveThis@tvadmanDeleteThisAsWell.com> wrote in
message news:E0Mnd.17317$g21.15909@fe1.texas.rr.com...
> You should get this broadcast in HD over your local ABC affilliate's
> digital
> HD channel. Do you not have that in your TW lineup? Or do you get other
> HD
> broadcasts from ABC, just not MNF? If you don't get any ABC HD, then do
> you
> have CBS, NBC, Fox, maybe WB, local affilliate digital HD channels?

I get NBC, TNT, ESPN, etc. in HD, but not ABC.

> Have you called TW and asked about this? I would call them if you get no
> ABC HD. Call them AND your local ABC affilliate if you are just not
> getting
> MNF.

No, I just assumed that because I can receive the HD channels that they were
not providing this channel in HD. All the channels in HD are shifted to a
1300 series channel, although some of them such as HBO and Showtime show
them in HD on their normal channel as well as the HD channels. Not sure why
they have it in both places.

> Our local ABC station has, on two occasions that I saw, started MNF in SD,
> then switched it over to HD a little later. One time, they had a tech
> problem they had to fix. The other time they were probably just asleep at
> the switch.
>
> mack
> austin

I'll have to give them a call.

> "Jack Dotson" <jdotson@stx.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I've subscribed to all the HD channels TW offers and they are great.
>> However, I've noticed that although the Monday night football game is
>> broadcast in HD, TW does not give it to me in HD. This is one of the
>> main
>> network channels so I was curious if I put up an antenna in the attic if
>> could receive it off the air in HD? My set does have a integrated HD
> tuner
>> and two antenna inputs.

Anonymous
November 21, 2004 12:27:20 AM

I forgot to add that none of the analog channels (ABC is broadcast in
analog) can be decoded in HD.

> "Mack McKinnon" <MckinnonRemoveThis@tvadmanDeleteThisAsWell.com> wrote in
> message news:E0Mnd.17317$g21.15909@fe1.texas.rr.com...
>> You should get this broadcast in HD over your local ABC affilliate's
>> digital
>> HD channel. Do you not have that in your TW lineup? Or do you get other
>> HD
>> broadcasts from ABC, just not MNF? If you don't get any ABC HD, then do
>> you
>> have CBS, NBC, Fox, maybe WB, local affilliate digital HD channels?
>
> I get NBC, TNT, ESPN, etc. in HD, but not ABC.
>
>> Have you called TW and asked about this? I would call them if you get no
>> ABC HD. Call them AND your local ABC affilliate if you are just not
>> getting
>> MNF.
>
> No, I just assumed that because I can receive the HD channels that they
> were not providing this channel in HD. All the channels in HD are shifted
> to a 1300 series channel, although some of them such as HBO and Showtime
> show them in HD on their normal channel as well as the HD channels. Not
> sure why they have it in both places.
>
>> Our local ABC station has, on two occasions that I saw, started MNF in
>> SD,
>> then switched it over to HD a little later. One time, they had a tech
>> problem they had to fix. The other time they were probably just asleep
>> at
>> the switch.
>>
>> mack
>> austin
>
> I'll have to give them a call.
>

>> "Jack Dotson" <jdotson@stx.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> I've subscribed to all the HD channels TW offers and they are great.
>>> However, I've noticed that although the Monday night football game is
>>> broadcast in HD, TW does not give it to me in HD. This is one of the
>>> main
>>> network channels so I was curious if I put up an antenna in the attic if
>>> could receive it off the air in HD? My set does have a integrated HD
>> tuner
>>> and two antenna inputs.

Anonymous
November 21, 2004 12:59:18 AM

This site exposes them all!

www.unclet.netfirms.com

Damn toms!
"Jack Dotson" <jdotson@stx.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Mack McKinnon" <MckinnonRemoveThis@tvadmanDeleteThisAsWell.com> wrote in
> message news:E0Mnd.17317$g21.15909@fe1.texas.rr.com...
> > You should get this broadcast in HD over your local ABC affilliate's
> > digital
> > HD channel. Do you not have that in your TW lineup? Or do you get other
> > HD
> > broadcasts from ABC, just not MNF? If you don't get any ABC HD, then do
> > you
> > have CBS, NBC, Fox, maybe WB, local affilliate digital HD channels?
>
> I get NBC, TNT, ESPN, etc. in HD, but not ABC.

I wish we had TNT in HD... ESPN has been BSing on the HD NBA games
lately...

!