when trying to download a file from the internet the message
"C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDO~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\QO1K5LLH.EXE could not be saved, because
the source file could not be read". the .exe name changes every time i try
to download again. any ideas

this problem is on my nephews pc . i can download these files with no problems.

"ardra1" wrote:

> when trying to download a file from the internet the message
> "C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDO~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\QO1K5LLH.EXE could not be saved, because
> the source file could not be read". the .exe name changes every time i try
> to download again. any ideas

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"ardra1" <ardra1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when trying to download a file from the internet the message
> "C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDO~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\QO1K5LLH.EXE could not be saved,
> because
> the source file could not be read". the .exe name changes every time
> i try
> to download again. any ideas

Empty out your %temp% folder.

Sure it isn't your anti-virus program detecting a virus in the download
file and preventing you from accessing it?

Which link on what page has the file you are trying to download?

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

i have tried to download from various sites in order to test a new broadband
connection. i can download from microsoft windows update, so it appears that
the connection is working properly. i have tried to download the latest
version of Soulseek and a few screensavers from liverpool f.c. without any
success. this is when the message appears.

> this problem is on my nephews pc ....

Oh boy. So, when was the last time you ran a full scan using a recently
updated anti-virus program, and scanned for malware/spyware using
Ad-Aware, Spybot, CWshredder, MS AntiSpyware, etc?