download problem

when trying to download a file from the internet the message
"C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDO~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\QO1K5LLH.EXE could not be saved, because
the source file could not be read". the .exe name changes every time i try
to download again. any ideas
4 answers Last reply
More about download problem

    this problem is on my nephews pc . i can download these files with no problems.

    "ardra1" <ardra1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when trying to download a file from the internet the message
    > "C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDO~1\LOCALS~1\TEMP\QO1K5LLH.EXE could not be saved,
    > because
    > the source file could not be read". the .exe name changes every time
    > i try
    > to download again. any ideas

    Empty out your %temp% folder.

    Sure it isn't your anti-virus program detecting a virus in the download
    file and preventing you from accessing it?

    Which link on what page has the file you are trying to download?

    ** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
    For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

    i have tried to download from various sites in order to test a new broadband
    connection. i can download from microsoft windows update, so it appears that
    the connection is working properly. i have tried to download the latest
    version of Soulseek and a few screensavers from liverpool f.c. without any
    success. this is when the message appears.

    > this problem is on my nephews pc ....

    Oh boy. So, when was the last time you ran a full scan using a recently
    updated anti-virus program, and scanned for malware/spyware using
    Ad-Aware, Spybot, CWshredder, MS AntiSpyware, etc?

    ** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
    For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

Download Microsoft Internet Windows XP