sony black projection screen

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
November 21, 2004 7:23:21 AM

anyone heard anything about this? supposedly its black in color and absorbs
all light except red, green and blue. supposed to allow you to use a
projector
even in broad daylight and give good black levels. there was a small one
line blurb about it in pop sci this month, said it was coming out in 2005.
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 9:56:27 PM

Sony had the new black screen at their booth in June at infocom. There isn't
much detail about it on the web I don't even think it's available yet. One
comment made about the screen was that in a dark room it performs about even
with a high gain white screen, but at higher ambient light levels it is
superior I would go as far as to say it does well in broad daylight. I have
made and used black screens for the last four years ever since I projected
onto a black foam board that had a clay based black finish.
they do produce nice color, as well as nice blacks. One thing you have to be
careful about is under powering the screen you will lose the white levels
very quickly when you try to get a bigger picture out of a little projector.

Do a keyword search on the wall street journals website the Sony article
should show up.
Paul--
Jackman Media(tm) http://www.jacktech.net

!