Smurf

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

I run win xp pro, in my windows directory(C:\ windows\temp), I have a temp
file with files like{5cdc05F7- lots of other numbers }30 of those and
exb0000 exb0001, tmp12 and WER1A.temp (16) and WMD and WMFA files, can
these be deleted? TY for your help..

Anything and everything in the temp directory structure is fair game for
delete. The only exception is immediately after installing any application
that requests a reboot, but after the reboot is complete and the app is
fully installed, you can delete the contents of temp.

--
Walter Clayton

"Smurf" <trip14@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I run win xp pro, in my windows directory(C:\ windows\temp), I have a temp
>file with files like{5cdc05F7- lots of other numbers }30 of those and
>exb0000 exb0001, tmp12 and WER1A.temp (16) and WMD and WMFA files, can
>these be deleted? TY for your help..

Hi Smurf,

Yes the contents of the temp folder can be deleted. It's best to do so
after a reboot.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User