Windows Temp Files

I run win xp pro, in my windows directory(C:\ windows\temp), I have a temp
file with files like{5cdc05F7- lots of other numbers }30 of those and
exb0000 exb0001, tmp12 and WER1A.temp (16) and WMD and WMFA files, can
these be deleted? TY for your help..
2 answers Last reply
More about windows temp files

    Anything and everything in the temp directory structure is fair game for
    delete. The only exception is immediately after installing any application
    that requests a reboot, but after the reboot is complete and the app is
    fully installed, you can delete the contents of temp.

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "Smurf" <trip14@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I run win xp pro, in my windows directory(C:\ windows\temp), I have a temp
    >file with files like{5cdc05F7- lots of other numbers }30 of those and
    >exb0000 exb0001, tmp12 and WER1A.temp (16) and WMD and WMFA files, can
    >these be deleted? TY for your help..

    Hi Smurf,

    Yes the contents of the temp folder can be deleted. It's best to do so
    after a reboot.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Smurf wrote:
    > I run win xp pro, in my windows directory(C:\
    > windows\temp), I have a temp file with files
    > like{5cdc05F7- lots of other numbers }30 of those and
    > exb0000 exb0001, tmp12 and WER1A.temp (16) and WMD and
    > WMFA files, can these be deleted? TY for your help..

Microsoft Windows XP