fresh install of windows help

danc2heaven

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
i did a fresh install of windows xp home and I could not get connected to the internet. Am I supposed to download the drivers for my ethernet card and wireless card in advance and run a hardware setup? is there any other drivers I need to download if this is correct? I need some help with this. Thanks

danc2heaven

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
I bought a new labtop bundled with media xp, i hate all the bloatware they put with these things and they only give you a restore cd that puts all the junk back on too. I have an extra copy of xp home and tried to install it one time but couldnt find out how to get the lan and wireless setup in the network connections so i figured maybe i needed some drivers/ i dont really know thats why i am asking, so i restored xp media edition with all the junk, i would like to just have a clean xp install but i dont know what i need to setup to get on the internet or if there is anything else i need to do, thanks again,, right now i have the internet access to download what i need if i do need anything.

sturm

Splendid
You need to go to the manufactures website and download the correct drivers for your laptop from them. XP does not always have workable drivers for everything. I have done Dell laptops and the wireless, nic, video, chipset drivers dont always get installed.

danc2heaven

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
thats what most people have told me is that xp should install the drivers but it did not, like sturm said on his dell, i will make sure i at least have the drivers you listed sturm so i can try it again. thanks