Status
Not open for further replies.

jba6511

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
went to install alcohol 120 on vista today and during the installation got the BSOD. Now when I boot to vista, I have 30 seconds before the installing drivers icon comes up and then vista crashes. Is there any way to stop the install before the crash? I can pull up task manager but I do not know which services to stop. This happens if I am safe mode or in normal mode as well. Also, the notebook I am using is partitioned so I can get into the drive where I installed vista.

Solution
fixed the problem. Held down F8 when the computer was starting and selected last known good configuration. Everything is working fine now. Found some other users though that had the same problem (BSOD) when installing alcohol 120. The website did not offer any help other than send them a copy of the minidump and they will see what they can do.

jba6511

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2006
fixed the problem. Held down F8 when the computer was starting and selected last known good configuration. Everything is working fine now. Found some other users though that had the same problem (BSOD) when installing alcohol 120. The website did not offer any help other than send them a copy of the minidump and they will see what they can do.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.