Sign in with
Your question

Help with Whoppix please.

Last response: in Linux/Free BSD
January 22, 2007 7:46:35 PM

Hey I'm kind of new to Linux, only ever used it on my ps3 before now, (didn't get it on there, haven't used since) but iv just burned whoppix to a CD and can boot it up, but i have no i dear how to set a wireless network up iv looked in to it but cant get any where. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

More about : whoppix

January 22, 2007 8:08:07 PM

Firstly, Whoppix is older and has since merged with other projects into Backtrack. Please use this as it is newer and has better hardware support.

Secondly, to help you out, we need a bit more information about your system, namely what kind of wireless card is in your system. Find out from your machine's vendor, Windows hardware Manager, or under a LiveCD, open a terminal and issue the command "lspci" (you might need to issue the command "sudo lspci")
January 22, 2007 8:32:41 PM

Um from what i can see its Atheros AR5005g Wireless Network Adapter. This might not be the right information please say and il look again.

P.s have to go now its gone midnight here wnt b back till for bout 18 hours sorry, thanx for the help so far.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 23, 2007 12:06:18 AM

Please post the entire output of lspci when you can.

That will help us ID the rest of the hardware and make appropriate suggestions.

:-D

Quote:
Um from what i can see its Atheros AR5005g Wireless Network Adapter. This might not be the right information please say and il look again.

P.s have to go now its gone midnight here wnt b back till for bout 18 hours sorry, thanx for the help so far.
January 23, 2007 9:10:25 PM

Yes, please post all of the output, but take heart that things look very good (Atheros chipsets are well-supported with the madwifi drivers)
!