Time stamp problem when burning CDRs in XP

April 24, 2005 8:59:05 PM

When I burn/backup files to a CDR disk, the complete time stamp (created,
accessed, modified) becomes that of the time that I copied the file to CDR,
losing all original information.

I need the correct timestamps to know which files are which.

Is there a property sheet somewhere in Win XP that I need to check to
preserve the original time stamp on files that I copy to CDR?

Thanks a lot:-)

Cheers:-)
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 11:25:11 PM

Hi,

You would need to use a third party burning program for that. The software
included with WinXP does not allow for altering this facet of the burning
function.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Online Traveller" <user@server.ca> wrote in message
> When I burn/backup files to a CDR disk, the complete time stamp (created,
> accessed, modified) becomes that of the time that I copied the file to
> CDR,
> losing all original information.
>
> I need the correct timestamps to know which files are which.
>
> Is there a property sheet somewhere in Win XP that I need to check to
> preserve the original time stamp on files that I copy to CDR?
>
> Thanks a lot:-)
>
> Cheers:-)

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 5:21:14 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it:-)
Cheers:-)

!