Is directplay safe now?

Chaps,
The changelog that comes with the patches mentions it's all fixed. It's not
that I don't trust BIS.....
I can't host using sockets for some reason, probably because I run ICS as
well, but there you go....
Anyone use directplay now?

"didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Chaps,
> The changelog that comes with the patches mentions it's all fixed. It's
not
> that I don't trust BIS.....
> I can't host using sockets for some reason, probably because I run ICS as
> well, but there you go....
> Anyone use directplay now?

Hmmh, you mean that disk erasing effect? I think that's fixed ages ago, just
like they state in changelog.

We (LDD Kyllikki, http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net) have been using DP since
the beginning. Haven't seen any other problems. And if I remember correctly,
you needed to NOT have TCP/IP-protocol installed to get that disk erasing
bug activated...

Happy holidays etc. :)

"smartdrv" <spanking.13.littlegoats@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Chaps,
>> The changelog that comes with the patches mentions it's all fixed. It's
> not
>> that I don't trust BIS.....
>> I can't host using sockets for some reason, probably because I run ICS as
>> well, but there you go....
>> Anyone use directplay now?
>>

> Hmmh, you mean that disk erasing effect? I think that's fixed ages ago,
> just
> like they state in changelog.
>
> We (LDD Kyllikki, http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net) have been using DP since
> the beginning. Haven't seen any other problems. And if I remember
> correctly,
> you needed to NOT have TCP/IP-protocol installed to get that disk erasing
> bug activated...
>
> Happy holidays etc. :)

Thanks mate. I'm sure it's fine, I just wanted to hear it from someone using
it as well.

I'm pretty sure that I had TCP/IP installed when it erased my E drive (same
drive OFP was resident on).

If I remember correctly, you had to try to host a game in Direct-Play and
have it fail to host before it would start wiping.

--Uzi

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm pretty sure that I had TCP/IP installed when it erased my E drive
> (same drive OFP was resident on).
>
> If I remember correctly, you had to try to host a game in Direct-Play and
> have it fail to host before it would start wiping.
>
> --Uzi
>
> "smartdrv" <spanking.13.littlegoats@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
>> "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Chaps,
>>> The changelog that comes with the patches mentions it's all fixed. It's
>> not
>>> that I don't trust BIS.....
>>> I can't host using sockets for some reason, probably because I run ICS
>>> as
>>> well, but there you go....
>>> Anyone use directplay now?
>>>

>> Hmmh, you mean that disk erasing effect? I think that's fixed ages ago,
>> just
>> like they state in changelog.
>>
>> We (LDD Kyllikki, http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net) have been using DP since
>> the beginning. Haven't seen any other problems. And if I remember
>> correctly,
>> you needed to NOT have TCP/IP-protocol installed to get that disk erasing
>> bug activated...
>>
>> Happy holidays etc. :)

It seems ok so far, I've only hosted on a Lan though.
Curiously, sockets did start to work again, but then gave up. Isn't that
usually M$ stuff that does that?