I was attempting to clean up my files and folders when I came across a
folder that had the same contents.

I have a files called C:\My received files and one called C:\documents
and settings\DM\My Documents\My received files. The contents are
exactly the same. I have no idea why this folder is repeated and
others are not in the documents and settings folder. All my Eudora
e-mail attachments go there.

Are there certain default folders that are automatically set up when
Windows XP is initially installed? I suspect these are the files that
begin with the letters "MY" . Should I be using these as a default for
the various programs that produce new files or downloads as a result?

I also have the same 2 subfolders as My music but the contents are
different. I may have set one up myself though.

I need help in trying to organize my folders correctly as it seems
windows has designed many folders to be easily accessed.

Can someone help and advise?

Thanks

Don

<camry@cnospamcanada.com> wrote in message
> I was attempting to clean up my files and folders when I came across a
> folder that had the same contents.
>
> I have a files called C:\My received files and one called C:\documents
> and settings\DM\My Documents\My received files. The contents are
> exactly the same. I have no idea why this folder is repeated and
> others are not in the documents and settings folder. All my Eudora
> e-mail attachments go there.
>
> Are there certain default folders that are automatically set up when
> Windows XP is initially installed? I suspect these are the files that
> begin with the letters "MY" . Should I be using these as a default for
> the various programs that produce new files or downloads as a result?
>
> I also have the same 2 subfolders as My music but the contents are
> different. I may have set one up myself though.
>
> I need help in trying to organize my folders correctly as it seems
> windows has designed many folders to be easily accessed.
>
> Can someone help and advise?
>
> Thanks
>
> Don

Right click C:\My received files and select properties. You will see that
they are actually the same folder.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com