Proof positive that Britons are smarter than us Yanks

if anything, the article doesnt paint britons as smart, it quite frankly paints
them as not having any idea about a certain topic.believe in God? ugh, I
dunno,maybe not.
if this is your proof of their intelligence,then you have to try harder.

Your post suggests that disbelief in God = Intelligence. It also suggests
that you are part of "us yanks" and therefore do believe in God. If you
believe in God, then why do you insult yourself like that.

It is sad that you equate intelligence with belief/disbelief in something
that cannot be proven to exist or not exist...

"Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
> http://tinyurl.com/4kdbh

"Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
> http://tinyurl.com/4kdbh

I doubt if it's anything like half. It's probably more like 10%....
I very much doubt it was 75% in '68 either.
I'd take that article with a pinch of salt.

"Just Me" <not1096@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Your post suggests that disbelief in God = Intelligence. It also suggests
> that you are part of "us yanks" and therefore do believe in God. If you
> believe in God, then why do you insult yourself like that.
>
> It is sad that you equate intelligence with belief/disbelief in something
> that cannot be proven to exist or not exist...
>
> "Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
>> http://tinyurl.com/4kdbh

I must say, I find it hard to take anyone seriously if they believe in god.

Why?

> Why?
>
> "didgerman" <aw990012@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Just Me" <not1096@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Your post suggests that disbelief in God = Intelligence. It also
>>> suggests that you are part of "us yanks" and therefore do believe in
>>> God. If you believe in God, then why do you insult yourself like that.
>>>
>>> It is sad that you equate intelligence with belief/disbelief in
>>> something that cannot be proven to exist or not exist...
>>>
>>> "Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
>>>

>> I must say, I find it hard to take anyone seriously if they believe in
>> god.

Don't you thin the whole thing is a tad far fetched? Creation? People still
believe in that, and they want to teach at schools. You can find some of
these people in GWB's cabinet....

Don't you thin the whole thing is a tad far fetched? Creation? People still
believe in that, and they want to teach at schools. You can find some of
these people in GWB's cabinet.... >>>>>

uh, no MOST of this WHOLE world believes in a God of some sort. that means YOU
are the tiny tiny minority.
dont blame us because of your inability to sway anyone over to your unbelief.
if you think about it, science has failed on this topic.yet you want to blame
the people of the world for beliving in God.

we dont believe in a flat earth anymore,why? because science NAILED IT. science
on the creation subject just hasnt made the case. their point of view is right
up there with the religious,ie, it looks good,so just believe.problem is,
unbelief is selling,few are buying. crying about it and going to the
default,of" they are just ignorant" will not help you.

I doubt an american would refer to fellow americans as yanks. its obviously a
brit playing the ole double agent routine where someone thinks an insult will
carry more weight if people think its delievered by someone who is close to the
topic.

in this case, pretending to be an american would seem more relavant than if it
came from the usual antiamerican brit flapping his ugly teeth.

Shawn

Just Me wrote:
> Your post suggests that disbelief in God = Intelligence. It also suggests
> that you are part of "us yanks" and therefore do believe in God. If you
> believe in God, then why do you insult yourself like that.
>
> It is sad that you equate intelligence with belief/disbelief in something
> that cannot be proven to exist or not exist...
>
> "Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>http://tinyurl.com/4kdbh

My post is more centered around the fact that the simple minded seem to
run to religion more and more when it suits them, like the masses of our
great country are currently doing in a time of crisis, whilst in the UK,
free thinking is making a comeback. I am a Yankee, and am also an
atheist. Not agnostic, not satanic, but atheist. I prefer free
thinker, but that escapes most of the populace of our country who would
rather fall into the norm and accept whatever outcome is dealt to them.
Belief, to them, would be that whatever happens, they will go to the
pearly gates, and live eternally at the feet of god, whoo hoo, what a
future.

Shawn

Mort <TZW> wrote:
> "Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>http://tinyurl.com/4kdbh
>

> .. as if we needed proof :)
>
> Happy New Year

Right back at ya, Limey. :p

Man, how I miss you all.

Here is to making more time to play with you all again, one of these days.

Known12 wrote:
> I doubt an american would refer to fellow americans as yanks. its obviously a
> brit playing the ole double agent routine where someone thinks an insult will
> carry more weight if people think its delievered by someone who is close to the
> topic.
>
> in this case, pretending to be an american would seem more relavant than if it
> came from the usual antiamerican brit flapping his ugly teeth.

As this guy single handily confirms most Britons stereotyped view of
Americans with his stupidity and his own misled and old fashioned view
of the entire population Britain suffering from bad dentistry. There's
electric lights, television and flushing toilets in Britain too you
know, in fact two out of those three were invented there.
Speaking of being “close to the topic” and I must apologise here too,
isn’t this newsgroup supposed to be about Operation Flashpoint and not
exceedingly dull theological discussions?

"Known12" <known12@aol.com> wrote in message
> Don't you thin the whole thing is a tad far fetched? Creation? People
> still
> believe in that, and they want to teach at schools. You can find some of
> these people in GWB's cabinet.... >>>>>
>
> uh, no MOST of this WHOLE world believes in a God of some sort. that means
> YOU
> are the tiny tiny minority.

We were talking about the UK right?

> dont blame us because of your inability to sway anyone over to your
> unbelief.

I don't try to sway anyone, I simply state the fact that creation is bunk.

> if you think about it, science has failed on this topic.

Oh dear....

yet you want to blame
> the people of the world for beliving in God.
>
> we dont believe in a flat earth anymore,why? because science NAILED IT.
> science
> on the creation subject just hasnt made the case. their point of view is
> right
> up there with the religious,ie, it looks good,so just believe.problem is,
> unbelief is selling,few are buying. crying about it and going to the
> default,of" they are just ignorant" will not help you.

Religion won't help me, or anyone else on Earth.

>I doubt an american would refer to fellow americans as yanks. its obviously
> brit playing the ole double agent routine where someone thinks an insult
> will
> carry more weight if people think its delievered by someone who is close
> to the
> topic.
>
> in this case, pretending to be an american would seem more relavant than
> if it
> came from the usual antiamerican brit flapping his ugly teeth.

Why do Yanks consider Yank an insult. You're Yanks, what's the problem?

> I don't try to sway anyone, I simply state the fact that creation is bunk.

I respect your *opinion* but it is most certainly *not* a fact.

> Religion won't help me, or anyone else on Earth.

I agree. *Religion* is what Jesus was "putting down" during his time on
earth. He was a proponent of a personal relationship with God.

> Just Me wrote:
>> Your post suggests that disbelief in God = Intelligence. It also
>> suggests that you are part of "us yanks" and therefore do believe in God.
>> If you believe in God, then why do you insult yourself like that.
>>
>> It is sad that you equate intelligence with belief/disbelief in something
>> that cannot be proven to exist or not exist...
>>
>> "Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>http://tinyurl.com/4kdbh
>>

> My post is more centered around the fact that the simple minded seem to
> run to religion more and more when it suits them, like the masses of our
> great country are currently doing in a time of crisis, whilst in the UK,

Ostensibly, you are a "scientist" requiring proof of a theory before
accepting the theory as fact (otherwise you leap into the faith realm which
you claim to disregard). Please provide some empirical evidence to support
your suggestion that "simple minded" people are the ones who believe in God.

> free thinking is making a comeback. I am a Yankee, and am also an
> atheist. Not agnostic, not satanic, but atheist. I prefer free thinker,
> but that escapes most of the populace of our country who would.

I too, am a free-thinker. I just happen to be free to think there is a God.
Belief in God and "free-thinking" are not mutually exclusive terms. I have
a good friend who is an agnostic. As he terms it: "I don't believe there is
a God, but I'm not arrogant enough to claim I know for sure." That is a
more logical position to take than the one you have chosen. Again, you are
saying unequivocably there is *no* God. I assume you must have proof for
this?

> rather fall into the norm and accept whatever outcome is dealt to them.
> Belief, to them, would be that whatever happens, they will go to the
> pearly gates, and live eternally at the feet of god, whoo hoo, what a
> future.

You could describe a marriage the same way: I will pledge the rest of my
life to place my spouses needs above my own - (Doesn't sound very
appealing - until you are in a relationship where both partners are
committed to that ideal.. Once you share that, the written description
never does it justice)

Lastly, if you are a *confident* athiest, why even make the post? I think
you are searching. I wish you luck...

"Known12" <known12@aol.com> wrote in message
> Don't you thin the whole thing is a tad far fetched? Creation? People
> still
> believe in that, and they want to teach at schools. You can find some of
> these people in GWB's cabinet.... >>>>>
>
> uh, no MOST of this WHOLE world believes in a God of some sort. that means
> YOU
> are the tiny tiny minority.
> dont blame us because of your inability to sway anyone over to your
> unbelief.
> if you think about it, science has failed on this topic.yet you want to
> blame
> the people of the world for beliving in God.
>
> we dont believe in a flat earth anymore,why? because science NAILED IT.
> science
> on the creation subject just hasnt made the case. their point of view is
> right
> up there with the religious,ie, it looks good,so just believe.problem is,
> unbelief is selling,few are buying. crying about it and going to the
> default,of" they are just ignorant" will not help you.

Personally I have absolutely zero time for adults who feel the need for
imaginary friends.
Fortunately there are much fewer of them in the UK than in the USA.
Unfortunately our current PM like your current President appears to be one
of them - oh what a lovely Jihad

> Mort <TZW> wrote:
>> "Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>http://tinyurl.com/4kdbh
>>

>> .. as if we needed proof :)
>>
>> Happy New Year
>>

> Right back at ya, Limey. :p
>
> Man, how I miss you all.
>
> Here is to making more time to play with you all again, one of these days.

Shawn have you got VBS as well as OFP?
I'm not getting online for OFP much lately because of illness in the family
and work commitments but I try to make time to play VBS online whenever I
can.
Let me know if you got it or if you haven't try to get online for some OFP
at TJs

See ya

didgerman wrote:
> "Jvst Me" <not1096@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Yovr post svggests that disbelief in God = Intelligence. It also svggests
>>that yov are part of "vs yanks" and therefore do believe in God. If yov
>>believe in God, then why do yov insvlt yovrself like that.
>>
>>It is sad that yov eqvate intelligence with belief/disbelief in something
>>that cannot be proven to exist or not exist...
>>
>>"Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
>>
>>>http://tinyvrl.com/4kdbh
>>

> I mvst say, I find it hard to take anyone seriovsly if they believe in god.

Thats fine, I find it hard to believe any sane person wovld like the
following;

football, a dreadfvlly dvll game where 22 people chase some poxy ball
arovnd the field, when they catch vp with it, they kick it away again.

Cars, they get yov from a to b .. great! thats what they're designed for
... yet some people go nvts over the bloody things

blood pvdding, yov expect ANY sane person to eat THAT?!

EU has created a peacefvl evrope .. erm, actvally I svspect the threat
of being invaded by the soviet vnion, and the presence of British and US
troops on the continent, svbseqvent military treaties and organisations
svch as NATO and continvally improving economic conditions for 50 years
may have had a lot more to do with the 50 year peace that western evrope
has known.

The gvn ban is working to prevent gvn crime, this is why since the gvn
ban has been in place gvn crime has risen, as has illegal gvn ownership,
as has deaths resvlting from crimes. This is why every two years the
police have a gvn amnesty , the first svch amnesty 40,000 firearms (and
legal replica's) were handed in, the 2nd, over 50,000. Yov expect me to
take anyone who believes banning gvns cvts gvn crime seriovsly when the
facts blatantly show that it doesnt?

Personally I have absolutely zero time for adults who feel the need for
imaginary friends.
Fortunately there are much fewer of them in the UK than in the USA.
Unfortunately our current PM like your current President appears to be one
of them - oh what a lovely Jihad>>>>

good,enjoy your life in your imaginary world.seeing as you are left defending
that all those things such as the reproductive system concept and
brain,millions of species of life,nature,planets compiled itself in the
beginning by..... nothing.

if proof of intelligence is NOT having a theory on what created, then you guy
are brilliant.

"Mort <TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message

> Personally I have absolutely zero time for adults who feel the need for
> imaginary friends.

I don't know any adults who need imaginary friends, but if I met any I would
try to help them. On the other hand, people who are absolutely certain of
the non-existence of God cannot prove he does not exist. Therefore, you do
exercise "faith" its just you have faith there is no God. I have faith
there is. At the very least, quit pretending to be intellectually superior
just because you happen to have faith in something I don't. (The *non*
existence of God)

Shawn

>>My post is more centered around the fact that the simple minded seem to
>>run to religion more and more when it suits them, like the masses of our
>>great country are currently doing in a time of crisis, whilst in the UK,
>

> Ostensibly, you are a "scientist" requiring proof of a theory before
> accepting the theory as fact (otherwise you leap into the faith realm which
> you claim to disregard). Please provide some empirical evidence to support
> your suggestion that "simple minded" people are the ones who believe in God.

No, technically, I am an atheist. If I was requiring proof, then I
would be agnostic. I do not hold hope for a god or whatever to show me
the light. I don't believe. The simple minded are not the ones who
believe in god, they are the blind that put blind faith into a religion.

Also, tell me where in my statemet that I stated that the simple minded
needed god? I don't see that in my earlier statement. I think the
dividing line between god and religion is blurred by those who need a
god to feel better than the rest, ie: christians that tell someone that
they are going to go to hell if you don't accept "their" god.

>>free thinking is making a comeback. I am a Yankee, and am also an
>>atheist. Not agnostic, not satanic, but atheist. I prefer free thinker,
>>but that escapes most of the populace of our country who would.
>

> I too, am a free-thinker. I just happen to be free to think there is a God.
> Belief in God and "free-thinking" are not mutually exclusive terms. I have
> a good friend who is an agnostic. As he terms it: "I don't believe there is
> a God, but I'm not arrogant enough to claim I know for sure." That is a
> more logical position to take than the one you have chosen. Again, you are
> saying unequivocably there is *no* God. I assume you must have proof for
> this?

Your friend is also probably good at blowing off decisions that will
affect his life while using a clever excuse that will make him sound
intelligent, and educated, but still irresponsible.

You are trying to put yourself into a category by being a hypocrite.
Your statement is pointing me out to be arrogant, and even below, it
states it again that you are right, and have me all figured out. How
does that make you a free thinker? I personally like to listen to all
of ideas of religions, and soak up the historical values of each. I
like the morals of some, but have a realllllly hard time in believing in
a make believe character that just has always been there with all of
these awesome powers that likes to make a bunch of people suffer at his
whims.

Oh, and in case you ask how he makes people suffer, I suggest you turn
on the news and watch for a couple of hours. Don't care what source,
but should probably steer clear of the Fox network.

>>rather fall into the norm and accept whatever outcome is dealt to them.
>>Belief, to them, would be that whatever happens, they will go to the
>>pearly gates, and live eternally at the feet of god, whoo hoo, what a
>>future.
>

> You could describe a marriage the same way: I will pledge the rest of my
> life to place my spouses needs above my own - (Doesn't sound very
> appealing - until you are in a relationship where both partners are
> committed to that ideal.. Once you share that, the written description
> never does it justice)
>
> Lastly, if you are a *confident* athiest, why even make the post? I think
> you are searching. I wish you luck...

Are you putting words in my mouth now? I do pledge myself to the needs
of my wife, children, and freinds and neighbors, fellow troops, because
that is my lifestyle, and I do it willingly, and without the hope of
going to heaven and pleasing a god, but so that my children will grow up
and be good people, and give positively to the community. I do so
without ego, without selfishness, and without regret. Can you say that?
I don't need your approval, your god's, or anyone else's.

I think it funny that you contain all of the same religious better than
thou rhetoric that your neo christian beliefs have taught you.

You are a christian, and all others will fall from glory and burn in
hell, while you live in heaven at the feet of god. Well, here is to
hoping he washes in between his toes.

Shawn

Mort <TZW> wrote:
> "Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>Mort <TZW> wrote:
>>
>>>"Shawn" <amarakthe01@bodycomcast.net> wrote in message

>>>.. as if we needed proof :)
>>>
>>>Happy New Year
>>>

>>Right back at ya, Limey. :p
>>
>>Man, how I miss you all.
>>
>>Here is to making more time to play with you all again, one of these days.
>

> Shawn have you got VBS as well as OFP?
> I'm not getting online for OFP much lately because of illness in the family
> and work commitments but I try to make time to play VBS online whenever I
> can.
> Let me know if you got it or if you haven't try to get online for some OFP
> at TJs
>
> See ya

I don't have VBS, and guess I am out of the loop. I have been so busy
with the Air Force lately, and with TJ's server getting all of the
different addons each time I was going to join, I just kind of fell out
of the loop. I know, excuses excuses. Alright, the truth is, I have
been at church every day :p