Samsung DLP screen geometry

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
November 22, 2004 12:00:20 AM

I have a new Samsung HLP4663W DLP TV, and when viewing it in the 4x3
mode the screen geometry is off. By screen geometry I mean that the
picture is not square. The bottom of the viewable picture is more than
1/4" wider than the top of the viewable picture which means that there
is a very noticeble bow to the sides of the picture. The bow is most
noticeable in the lower left hand part of the screen where the sidebar
is about 1/4" less than it is at the top.

I have noticed, by the way, that Samsung, and other makers too have
similar distortions in the 4x3 mode, but not quite as bad as mine. It
was passed along to me from a technician that there were no
adjustments for screen geometry in the service menu. Now, I don't know
what the service menu is, but I can't believe that Samsung can't make
a square picture on my screen in the 4x3 mode.

Does anyone know what has to be adjusted (a lens?) or how to adjust my
set to get rid of this distortion in the 4x3 mode?

Thanks.....
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
November 22, 2004 8:52:10 AM

Need to remove the screen asembly and release the tension on the screen by
loosening all the mounting screws around the screen to allow the screen to
float a little bit. There are no physical adjustments available to correct
for this symptom, it is normally the effect of slight physical screen bow.
Seen both keystone and pincushion effects corected by doing this.

!