how to synchronize 'SD card' folders with PC ?

July 18, 2005 4:13:32 AM

Hello,

I've just bought my first PDA : hp hx4700 and I thought a nice 1Gb SD card
would be cool to store all my stuff. But how can I tell MSActiveSync to
synchronize this SD card (or specific folders in the card) with a folder
in
my PC ?

Since I haven't seen any topic related to that in the help file, I've
decided to use regedit.

Using regedit, I've been able to modify the folder on the PC side, but not
on the PDA side:
in
Current user : ..\windows CE
services\partners\xxx\services\synchronisation
I can change 'Briefcase path' to any folder on the PC - and it works
But when I change 'Device Sync Folder' from '\my documents' to '\SD card'
it
does not work at all...

any thought?

thanks,

Olivier

It has removed 2486 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:13:33 AM

"Olivier Delrieu" <pub@delrieu.org> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've just bought my first PDA : hp hx4700 and I thought a nice 1Gb SD card
>would be cool to store all my stuff. But how can I tell MSActiveSync to
>synchronize this SD card (or specific folders in the card) with a folder
>in
>my PC ?

Can't. You need a third party app to sync storage cards. Try
www.mydocsunlimited.com for a program called Mighty Sync.
July 18, 2005 12:18:48 PM

My HP 4150 came with the full version of Sprite Backup built-in. I can
backup the SD card in the IPAQ Backup program by tapping Options|Backup
Options|Edit Exclusion List|uncheck Persistent Storage box. After the
backup file is created (on the SD card), I copy the backup file to my PC
using Windows Explorer.
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:27:03 PM

You can also try MobSync (freeware)