Seko

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I am having problems with windows media player. Whenever i try to play anything in wmp the video looks stretched. This has been going on for a while but i never really cared since i dont use it that much. But i just bought a new TV card and the video is just like how it is in the wmp. Now i know its nor the videos because i have this other app called "media one" and when i play these video in that app they are fine and mpegs are also fine in quicktime. I tried swtiching to media player 10 but that didnt work out please help me out.

Edit: GC drivers are forceware 9371 and evga 7600GT

Seko

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
I dont even use wmp but like i said the new TV card(ATI TV Wonder 200) that i bought has the same problem the image is zoomed to the center and i cannot zoom out. I thought maybe the problem was related. And i had the wmp 9 i just downloaded and installed wmp 10 it didnt help

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
not sure what you mean by you can't zoom it out? you know your tv card has a resolution cap right? have you check your tv cards settings for capture? wide screen or normal screen etc. ?

Seko

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
yes i know about wide screen and normal ratios i tried them and it doesnt work if this only happened in the ATI media center i would mess around with the card but it happens with the wmp so i think it is related and when i say its zoomed i mean the image looks as if it was zoomed to the center and i cant get it to zoom out no matter what i do