MEI and Nvidia drivers

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I built my computer in April and thought I had a problem with my processor since it seemed that only 3 of the 4 cores were working. when I went into task manager I didn't see any processes being used that was causing the 18% cpu usage and assumed it was "normal" Well, I decided to dig deeper and noticed that I was having system interrupts and the reason was hardware interrupts and dpc. More digging led to my two issues that are causing it. The Intel Management Engine Interface and Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti. When I disable both of the drivers the system interrupts drops from 15.7% to .12%...I updated both of the drivers but that has not alleviated the problem.

I'm now wanting to figure out which path to take next. Do I uninstall both and find older drivers until I get one to work? Currently, I am using 8.17.12.7533 for nvidia and 7.0.0.1118 for MEI. My system specs are in my sig.

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Ok, so disabling the MEI and not the nvidia drivers gives about 14.4% Disabling the nvidia drivers and not the MEI gives 6.6%.

I've tried using the 275.33, the 270.61 and 280.19 beta drivers and none reduce my cpu system interrupts. 266.58 driver isn't compatible with 560ti >.< Could it be the video card itself? I have a couple old cards lying around I can try to see if they give the same amount of system error.

edit: went to msi and they gave 266.44 didn't solve problem either

TRENDING THREADS