Hector Ruiz, we are laughing at you. Not with you.

Major_Spittle

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
I was hoping that AMD would some how get it's derailed train back on track with the supposed benchmarks that were to be released. Forever I have waited for a DX10 card from ATI, but nothing.

AMD is quiet as a mouse about how it is going to compete in the CPU and Graphics market. Hector hasn't even been talking the talk, just mumbling unclear marketing lingo that means nothings because it is so unspecific. It is like listening to Bill Clinton defend himself against having an affair with Monica.

Well, now we know why.

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070423/20070422005085.html?.v=1

AMD is spending forever to get a processor to Market that will be a generation behind. Too little, too late.

We can only hope that AMD keeps ATI management around to help AMD make the transition to a Graphics card company. Please Hector, don't run ATI into the ground too. Your company had the lead for 2 years and did nothing but squander the momentum.

Edit: Posted wrong link

boduke

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Today should have been a day of released products (R600) and benchmarks (Barcelona)...instead the press at the event gets NDA's and we have heard ....nothing....

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_13223....html?r

8O Wow, that's the biggest load of bullshit I've seen since the local fertilizer warehouse relocated. "SPECcpu2006 benchmarks clearly indicate the performance advantages of the AMD Opteron™ processor over the Xeon 5160"? "It’s all proof positive that customer-centric innovation wins over hype"? "industry-leading performance-per-watt"? Best, though, was their advantage because they use "DDR2 memory" .

And I appreciate how the so called printable version has a black background. Thanks, there goes my ink cartidge, and when it comes out of my printer I'll have to hang it out to dry on my clothesline with a pan beneath it.

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
The flash animation is neat yet all i hear is "Direct Connect is good, FSB is bad" and that about 300 times. Then they go to clockspeed means nothing. What will they ramble about once Intel gets its memory controller on die?

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
The flash animation is neat yet all i hear is "Direct Connect is good, FSB is bad" and that about 300 times. Then they go to clockspeed means nothing. What will they ramble about once Intel gets its memory controller on die?
you got that right.
the flash was good, but that line simply forced me to turn off the damned window. it was annoying the h3ll out of me :roll:

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
the flash is nothing but PR bullcrap. it gives nothing new that people dont already know about performance of CPU's

as far as I can tell. All it's telling me is that they've taken the A64 and made it a X4 like they did for the X2. Thats not a new architecture. Thats not "K10" but K8 allover again in a new package

come on AMD we need more than that!

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
viperabyss said:
you got that right.
the flash was good, but that line simply forced me to turn off the damned window. it was annoying the h3ll out of me :roll:

The truth is that amd is advertising the superiority of on-die controller ever since they introduced it. While i think it is a better solution than Intels FSB, what they state in their PR is simply wrong. A slow Hypertransport is just as much a bottleneck as a slow FSB and right now i don´t see Intel having trouble with it. That PR stuff worked when they had the faster product - people believed it, even though it wasn´t really true back then either.
I´m really, really eager to see what they will advertise once Intel has more GHZ, better Power consumption AND an on-die memory controler, because it will happen.

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Well, I saw the Flash presentation and it convinced me! Who cares about benchmarks! Who cares about delayed intros! AMD rules!

This message brought to you by the Captain Robert April Sarcasm Committee. :p

BaldEagle

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
Well, I saw the Flash presentation and it convinced me! Who cares about benchmarks! Who cares about delayed intros! AMD rules!

This message brought to you by the Captain Robert April Sarcasm Committee. :p

I would have to agree with you AMD drools and Intel Rules at present. Say it together now:

We need benchmarks!
We need benchmarks!
We need benchmarks!
We need benchmarks!
We need benchmarks!

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
BENCHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

7:23 pm and nuthin' yet!

Oh well...

Maybe Hector has decided to distract the attention of the press from a nonfunctioning K10/R600 demo by directing them to gaze at some prime Tunisian Camel Toe.

cato.jpg

This is a Camel Toe. Get your mind outta the gutter! :twisted:

Major_Spittle

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2006
I'm embarassed for AMD. At least if you are being beaten, go down gracefully. The outrageous claims with no substance when you look at the fine print are offensive to me. Don't do the stupid word games when you talk. Don't say that Barcelona will crush Intel and then put out press releases just before the benchmarks are to be released clearifying that this is clock per clock (as if they didn't realise Intel has a clock advantage).

Your AMD fanboys might be fine with it, average Joe don't know shet might not catch it, but I'll be damned if I ever listen to anything AMD puts out about their products. AMD could say they invented cold fusion and it wouldn't get me to buy their stock. :evil:

BaldEagle

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
I'm embarassed for AMD. At least if you are being beaten, go down gracefully. The outrageous claims with no substance when you look at the fine print are offensive to me. Don't do the stupid word games when you talk. Don't say that Barcelona will crush Intel and then put out press releases just before the benchmarks are to be released clearifying that this is clock per clock (as if they didn't realise Intel has a clock advantage).

Your AMD fanboys might be fine with it, average Joe don't know shet might not catch it, but I'll be damned if I ever listen to anything AMD puts out about their products. AMD could say they invented cold fusion and it wouldn't get me to buy their stock. :evil:

This just in from the AMD Barcelona preview

AMD Barcelona Beats Intel by 50%

FUD Ha, Ha made you look

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_13223....html?r

8O Wow, that's the biggest load of bullshit I've seen since the local fertilizer warehouse relocated. "SPECcpu2006 benchmarks clearly indicate the performance advantages of the AMD Opteron™ processor over the Xeon 5160"? "It’s all proof positive that customer-centric innovation wins over hype"? "industry-leading performance-per-watt"? Best, though, was their advantage because they use "DDR2 memory" .

And I appreciate how the so called printable version has a black background. Thanks, there goes my ink cartidge, and when it comes out of my printer I'll have to hang it out to dry on my clothesline with a pan beneath it.

Hahaha...that made my day!

Glacier

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
:( Damn AMD, they really shot themselves in the foot. I feel sorry for the people at ATI right now. AMD brought them on the sinking ship, and it looks like ATI might go down with them. While I am currently using a Nvidia card, my other cards were all ATI. I hope to heck that ATI somehow survives AMD's incompetence.