Where Is The Tunisian Info?

npilier

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
It's evening in Tunis. Has anyone posted anything about the alleged demos? Anything??? :?

You might want to wait for the Inquirer...I bet they will be the first ones to break the news about the Tunisia event.

NP

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Because there is an NDA on R600, it's hard to say what will be reported. I really want to see actual numbers for Agena FX.

I'd be perfectly happy for an "I saw it, it's real, I can't say more." Seems like no one has even come out with that yet. Strange considering it's coming up on 7 pm in Tunisia. I'm right with ya on that I really am not too bothered about the videocards, but really wanna see something tangible on K10!

You might want to wait for the Inquirer...I bet they will be the first ones to break the news about the Tunisia event.

Yes, but that begs the question, can you believe what they say about it? :lol:

BaldEagle

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
It's evening in Tunis. Has anyone posted anything about the alleged demos? Anything??? :?

NP

You have got to be kidding?

We should look for the Inquirer to break the news as they are right now making the benchmarks with Photoshop. :twisted:

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
7:15 pm... while we wait, here is today's totally amazing fact.

Did you know that the Senior Editor for the Brandeis University Newspaper is David Fudman?

:lol:

Fuad of Fudzilla fame has this to say.

The new K10 based processors will really make Intel run for its money, at least till the end of the year. Just as Intel stole K8's mojo with Merom aka Core 2 Duo and quad, AMD is ready to finally fight back. It took them almost a year to prepare for the big clash.

Barcelona / Agena FX will beat Intel Core 2 Quad at 3.0 GHz+. Intel knows it and it is scared. Intel also knows that it cannot go over 3.0 GHz with 65 nanometre, at least not at 120 W TDP. Some reports already claim that QX6850 with FSB 1333 and 3 GHZ clock is already pushing the envelope as intel's 120W TDP is actually 150W+ at least on AMD's TDP scale. TDP stands for Thermal Design Power.

Intel needs to go over 3.0 GHZ to 3.2 or more to match Barcelona / Agena parts at 2.5 GHz. Intel knows that it needs to go to 3.2+ GHz and it needs the 45 nm Yorkfield core to match Agena 2.5 GHz.

Finally AMD should be able to make 2.7 if not even more with its 65 nm process. Intel has a good fighting chance with next the generation Nehalem core in the second half of 2008.

Last week we showed you the first screenshot of the Agena K10 CPU. You can read all about it here. Now we are ready to disclose a bit more details about the machine. Believe it or not, the future generation AM2 CPU will run at today's motherboards, the Nforce 590 SLI to be more precise.

The amazing 3.05 GHz overclock from last week was done on a retail available motherboard from one of their manufacturers.

The machine was running a quite usual memory setup with 2x1 GB of DDR2 memory. So the good news is that you don’t need to swap your motherboards, you just need abios update and your AM2 boards should be able to cope with Agena processors.

Even the overclocking was done on Nforce 590 SLI motherboard and not on Wahoo or Mako next generation chipsets. Agena FX is the first one, coming in Q3, and Agena will follow at later time.

Opterons and Quad FX parts in 2007 only

AMD won't have much K10 parts for desktops, at least not in 2007. The initial batch of Barcelona K10 parts will be reserved exclusively for servers and at a later date some parts will be released as the Athlon FX socket 1207 parts. This is expected in Q3 2007.

Unfortunately you can expect only a few AM2+ based desktop parts this year and this will happen in Q4 and not before. The real volume production of desktop K10's is scheduled for early next year so it is not that they will be widely available for the pre-Xmas shopping spree.

The good news is that K10 at 2.5 GHz makes Intel's 3GHz run for its money, just as Core 2 Duo makes K8 runs for its.

And here is the grain of salt.

Tunisian

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2007
They have a dinner right now in a very nice hotel of the capital :p I miss the event today !! pfff working !! i will try to have a look tomorow !! There is some open conferences tomorow hope that i will be there !!

Tunisian

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2007
loool
Tunisia its a peacefull country!! pfff !!!! we held theWorld Summit on the Information Society and nothing happend !!!

Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait for all the juicy technical details because the reporters have signed a non-disclosure agreement that forbids them to talk for several weeks.

So w8 and see or just pay for ur self a ticket and come here !!

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
And here is the grain of salt.

Yes, here it is:

Saltmound.small.jpg

They have a dinner right now in a very nice hotel of the capital :p I miss the event today !! pfff working !! i will try to have a look tomorow !! There is some open conferences tomorow hope that i will be there !!

The Sheraton is about 8 miles outside of Tunis. I'm really starting to wonder whether you live in Peoria.

maybe the terrorists blew them up or something 8O

The question is, was the demo worth blowing up, or just ignoring?

Tunisian

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2007
The Sheraton is about 8 miles outside of Tunis. I'm really starting to wonder whether you live in Peoria.
When i called the hotel every thing was over !! and i just get tomorow program !! any way !! hope that i can be there tomorow !!

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
When i called the hotel every thing was over !! and i just get tomorow program !! any way !! hope that i can be there tomorow !!

I just called +216-71-782-100 and confirmed it. It closed more than three hours ago. OK, so maybe you're not in Illinois. Maybe you're in Cleveland... and have a phone too! :wink:

In Tunis.

Kurac!

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I figured it out. AMD is closing all operations and just fooling all stakeholders for as long as possible. Throwing one big party in the meantime. This is why the Intel guy with fuzzy palms was smiling about playing with his parts the other day. In the meantime all employees are allowed and encouraged to take as many drugs as possible as the company burns cash to keep warm.

On a side note do R600 and K10 exist?

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
I figured it out. AMD is closing all operations and just fooling all stakeholders for as long as possible. Throwing one big party in the meantime. This is why the Intel guy with fuzzy palms was smiling about playing with his parts the other day. In the meantime all employees are allowed and encouraged to take as many drugs as possible as the company burns cash to keep warm.

On a side note do R600 and K10 exist?

Well, let's face it. There really has been absolutely no independent confirmation of their existence... This could be a plot twist worthy of Stephen King! :D

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2007/04/23/amd_tunis_launch/

AMD is bigging up its latest graphic card offerings in Tunis, but sadly we cannot reveal any of this until 14 May.
DOH :!:

miro84

Distinguished
May 7, 2006

I just called +216-71-782-100 and confirmed it. It closed more than three hours ago. OK, so maybe you're not in Illinois. Maybe you're in Cleveland... and have a phone too! :wink:

In Tunis.

Kurac!

hey that's a bit immature :wink:

CaptRobertApril

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
@SIRKILLALOT

Interesting that there is no mention whatsoever of CPUs.

@miro84

I didn't think that calling the Sheraton was immature! Kurac! :lol:

@verndewd

Apparently they were showing off their brilliance by making sexist jokes and inappropriate references. That's par for the course for a company that is selfdestructing by the minute.

Tunisian

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2007
i am just back from there !!

The gates were closed Caus they really reserved all the conference rooms of the hotel !! 8O

So over 200 journalist are here for the event from all over the world !! you can't have more infos ^^ caus they are now tasting the tunisian foods :) .. Any way .. I will be there tomorow and i will try to be ur reporter from there ;)

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
CaptRobertApril
Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait for all the juicy technical details
because the reporters have signed a non-disclosure agreement that
forbids them to talk for several weeks.