More info about comcast HD setup please

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 22, 2004 7:49:44 PM

I have set override to 480p and my my HD resolution to 720p. I need help
with some other items:

1 - what is the best audio set-up? (compression, stereo setting, etc)
2- my box (dct6200/2500) has a DVI-D output. Is this active?

Thanks for the help

More about : info comcast setup

Anonymous
November 23, 2004 8:49:47 PM

1 - On my Moto 5100, I have the set for stereo, no compression. I believe
the compression reduces the dynamic range, reduces the max highs and lows to
make the overall volume seem louder but this is at the expense of the
natural range of sounds. For example, the dynamic range of sound in
orchestral music that a CD can provide may sound great in the home but in a
car with the windows down, you would lose those quieter passages to the
intrusion of wind and road noise. In this example, compression would to make
the quieter passages listenable without having the crescendos blow out your
eardrums.

2 - The software that drives the box is sanctioned by your local cableco
that rents it to you. You need to contact them to find out if a feature such
as DVI, 1394, or USB is supported in their configuration. They are
responsibile for the configuration that is deployed.

YMMV
--
"Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee."
- Anon

"Mike Burkhart" <burk5686@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I have set override to 480p and my my HD resolution to 720p. I need help
>with some other items:
>
> 1 - what is the best audio set-up? (compression, stereo setting, etc)
> 2- my box (dct6200/2500) has a DVI-D output. Is this active?
>
> Thanks for the help

Anonymous
November 24, 2004 5:05:42 AM

Mike Burkhart <burk5686@comcast.net> wrote:
} I have set override to 480p and my my HD resolution to 720p. I need help
} with some other items:
}
} 1 - what is the best audio set-up? (compression, stereo setting, etc)

Do you have a surround sound reciever and good speakers?
If yes, then: Set compression to none, set "audio output" to
"advanced" and "stereo output" to "matrixed".

--

Frank Ball frankb@sonic.net
!