RAM OC 677 - 833 Crashes help please

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
perchased some 2GB corsair value select (coz im skint) rated at 677Mhz, anywho, i installed FOX ONE (free with foxxconn motherboard). and i OC my CPU however my system wasnt happy and resarted itself, so i took off the OC from the 1.86Ghz e6300.

Anyway i have never had any problems conserning the RAM which is OC to 833 (from 677) - thats an extra 156Mhz - and ive never had a problem - this is the value stuff so it has no heat spreders.

Also my GPU (7300GT) is OCed - it is curently 472Mhz for memory and 479Mhz for core clock. but this all happed safely using nVidia control pannel- then i took a good 5Mhz off for good measure. originally it was it was 450 on the core but it also claimed on the box to 800 on the memory but that could be "effective" so its not a drastic OC

anyway today (after a 1/2 year) when playing FEAR MP (a daily event - sad i know) i got some veirent of the BSOF say it was preforming a memory dump and was going to restart the machine - should i be worried?? and is it down to the OC

The CPU is not OC and and GPU is passively cool well in a ventalated machine (cooler marster "wave marster" 3X80mm fans and the 120 in the akasa PSU)

WhiskyTangoFoxtrot

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2007
...Anyway i have never had any problems conserning the RAM which is OC to 833 (from 677) - thats an extra 156Mhz - and ive never had a problem - this is the value stuff so it has no heat spreders.

not knowing your location, my guess is you're getting warmer where you are. You also didn't mention what your memory timings are. There are 2 ways to adjust this. You could loosen the timings or you could buy heatspreaders for your memory for about $10