Does anyone know how to do this properly ? I cannot find any manuals on how
to script Close Air support.. Radio works etc, but planes refuse to target
the area.

Added to that, I have to have a flying A10 anyway since it won't sit on the
runway until called. It heads off right after the mission started ;(

If anyone can point me to good forums or a manual I would be grateful!

--
-
Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>

I agree Ned

that simple test mission that I posted in TZW NG
had that problem

was wondering if it was me or if other people would see same result

"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to do this properly ? I cannot find any manuals on
> how to script Close Air support.. Radio works etc, but planes refuse to
> target the area.
>
> Added to that, I have to have a flying A10 anyway since it won't sit on
> the runway until called. It heads off right after the mission started ;(
>
> If anyone can point me to good forums or a manual I would be grateful!
>
> --
> -
> Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> -
> A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
> the lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
> through the minds of either.
> -

TJ

Is it built in?

I havent tried WGL much, but some was 'borrowed' from my stuff with BAS. For
CAS to work with the BAS choppers you needed a guy in your team with a
radio, as well as putting a chopper on the map somewhere within viewdistance
range.

Dunno anything about WGL version though.

( Or just stick a AH60 DAP in :)

"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to do this properly ? I cannot find any manuals on
how
> to script Close Air support.. Radio works etc, but planes refuse to target
> the area.
>
> Added to that, I have to have a flying A10 anyway since it won't sit on
the
> runway until called. It heads off right after the mission started ;(
>
> If anyone can point me to good forums or a manual I would be grateful!
>
> --
> -
> Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> -
> A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
the
> lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
through
> the minds of either.
> -

You could use the "Invisible targets" addon to create targets that the A-10
can't ignore at a position relative to the enemy or the player.

Could you give the A-10 zero fuel until such time as you want it to go
airborne?

-=-Uzi

"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to do this properly ? I cannot find any manuals on
> how to script Close Air support.. Radio works etc, but planes refuse to
> target the area.
>
> Added to that, I have to have a flying A10 anyway since it won't sit on
> the runway until called. It heads off right after the mission started ;(
>
> If anyone can point me to good forums or a manual I would be grateful!
>
> --
> -
> Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> -
> A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
> the lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
> through the minds of either.
> -

WGL has CAS built into it. You need a radio (CAS Target) and it's point and
click.

But it doesn't work. The 'fixed' list states for WGL 4.12 that A10 loadout
is real CAS now, and the CAS radio creates the invisible targets. But it
just doesn't work ! Even when the A10 is flying over head and I point and
click my very feet I am not killed.

So I expect you need some scripts or names, just like the mortars need to
have some special things on the map. But I just can't find any info !

--
-
"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> You could use the "Invisible targets" addon to create targets that the
> A-10 can't ignore at a position relative to the enemy or the player.
>
> Could you give the A-10 zero fuel until such time as you want it to go
> airborne?
>
> -=-Uzi
>
> "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know how to do this properly ? I cannot find any manuals on
>> how to script Close Air support.. Radio works etc, but planes refuse to
>> target the area.
>>
>> Added to that, I have to have a flying A10 anyway since it won't sit on
>> the runway until called. It heads off right after the mission started ;(
>>
>> If anyone can point me to good forums or a manual I would be grateful!
>>
>> --
>> -
>> Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
>> -
>> A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
>> the lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
>> through the minds of either.
>> -

Neddy,
refer to Miles Teg earlier missions where he used CAS missions. I believed
he did it quite effectively.

http://www.geocities.com/dwimmerlaik2001/MilesTegMaps.html

Gods of War mission has CAS.

--
Damor <TZW>
www.timezone-warriors.net

Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
inevitable....

"NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to do this properly ? I cannot find any manuals on
> how to script Close Air support.. Radio works etc, but planes refuse to
> target the area.
>
> Added to that, I have to have a flying A10 anyway since it won't sit on
> the runway until called. It heads off right after the mission started ;(
>
> If anyone can point me to good forums or a manual I would be grateful!
>
> --
> -
> Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
> -
> A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
> the lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
> through the minds of either.
> -

LOL!

I want to use the WGL CAS ! Not anything else, just the stuff provided by
WGL itself. It is in there, I just don't know how to use it..

--
-
"Damor <TZW>" <damor@NOSPAMHEREtimezone-warriors.net> schreef in bericht
> Neddy,
> refer to Miles Teg earlier missions where he used CAS missions. I believed
> he did it quite effectively.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/dwimmerlaik2001/MilesTegMaps.html
>
> Gods of War mission has CAS.
>
> --
> Damor <TZW>
> www.timezone-warriors.net
> DF:Joint Ops and Operation Flashpoint
>

> Death and carnage shall follow me like the rains follow a hurricane. It is
> inevitable....
>

> "NedFox <TZW>" <neddy@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know how to do this properly ? I cannot find any manuals on
>> how to script Close Air support.. Radio works etc, but planes refuse to
>> target the area.
>>
>> Added to that, I have to have a flying A10 anyway since it won't sit on
>> the runway until called. It heads off right after the mission started ;(
>>
>> If anyone can point me to good forums or a manual I would be grateful!
>>
>> --
>> -
>> Jan van Zanten, aka NedFox <TZW>
>> -
>> A lecture is a process where information is passed from the notebook of
>> the lecturer to the notebook of the student without necessarily passing
>> through the minds of either.
>> -

Jan,

They aren't 'listening' nor are they paying attention

OK

WGL has CAS

there are radio actions for CAS

they data is transferred to the A10

it even tells you that the data is transferred

The A10 will overfly the target... (yes it puts an invisible target on the
map
please refer to WGL documentation!!!!!)

It will not however open fire on the target!!!!

According to 'WGL' it works

Jan and I haven't been able to get it to do so however!!!!

Thank you

any assistance would be appreciated

even if it requires dissecting PBO again Jan...

I will look at it further I promise... but as per my email to you

I might not have time until tonight or tomorrow!!

James