My computer is rebooting

No matter what I do on my computer it always seem to reboot involuntarily. I
made sure everything was plugged in and all that and used adaware microsoft
spyware searcher and everthing and it still reboots. Help?

Hi

If you don't see any error messages, right click on My Computer, select
Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on Settings under Startup and
Recovery and disable 'Automatically restart'. Next time your PC reboots,
you should see a Blue Screen. Could you please post the Stop Code from the
BSOD?

Also, please have a look in the Event Viewer to see if any entries there may
refer to the problem.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Zrudder wrote:
> No matter what I do on my computer it always seem to reboot
> involuntarily. I made sure everything was plugged in and all that and
> used adaware microsoft spyware searcher and everthing and it still
> reboots. Help?

Do what Will says, and please be *sure* to back up important files on
reovable media or another HD. A computer with this behavior is several more
times likely to have a catastrophic hardware failure than a machine that
does not act this way.

I f there aren't any error messages, you may want to check your RAM. You can
use something like memtest86. Sometimes problems with memory manifest as
freezing or rebooting.