tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I just ordered a laptop from hp and it comes with windows media center edition and I also get a free upgrade vista premium cd.
Is it worth upgrading my version of windows to vista right away or just use media center edition and wait half a year to use the upgrade cd?

laptop specs:
turion x2 1.6ghz
1.5GB ddr2 553
geforce 6150 integrated video
80gb HDD
thanks 8)

Solution
I just ordered a laptop from hp and it comes with windows media center edition and I also get a free upgrade vista premium cd.
Is it worth upgrading my version of windows to vista right away or just use media center edition and wait half a year to use the upgrade cd?

laptop specs:
turion x2 1.6ghz
1.5GB ddr2 553
80gb HDD
thanks 8)

Wow, that might not run Vista super-smooth. Anyway, to answer your question, I would wait. There is no need to get Vista right off the bat. Let the dust settle, and new drivers and things get more stable.

qwazzy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006

laptop specs:
turion x2 1.6ghz
1.5GB ddr2 553
80gb HDD
thanks 8)

Wow, that might not run Vista super-smooth. Anyway, to answer your question, I would wait. There is no need to get Vista right off the bat. Let the dust settle, and new drivers and things get more stable.

Solution

qwazzy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
I hope you do try it out. I heard people tried it on much lesser hardware system then mine nd it was runing well. New OS is exciting ^^
I think it's exciting too, but am going to wait to see which appz work, which don't. I'm really excited, but I'll wait 2-3 months at least, but maybe less, like 2 days. LOL. Nice meetin' ya. I'm going to sleep. Got school tomorrow and soccer. Buh bye.