• Laptops
  • Wireless Router
  • Windows Vista
  • Wireless Internet
  • Printers
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 11, 2007 10:52:46 PM

ok i got a new laptop and its windows vista i got a wireless router to have the wireless internet and it works and all BUT i want to print from my laptop to my pc's printer but when i click on the printer and press share and then press ok and then try to find it on my laptop wirelessly my laptop says cant find any printers but it shows my pc on the network! what am i doing wrong? or is it my lexmark 2200 series just wont work with windows vista????? HELP ME PLEASE

More about : question

April 12, 2007 5:51:22 AM

Have you added the shared printer to your laptop using Control Panel (or whatever Vista calls it)? (Warning: I have no experience whatsoever with Vista).
April 13, 2007 3:00:10 PM

yes and it still doesnt work... i think im going to convert my laptop to windows xp cause vista apparently only accepts certain printers
(but the older ones) not even a person at ibm could figure it out! :( 
Related resources
May 8, 2007 8:02:32 PM

Go to Control Panel\Network Map. You may or may not see your Printer in the routing config. In any case, on the top toolbar of your Network explorer you'll see Network and Sharing Center. Use Setup a Connection or Network (your Network Setup Wizard) to setup the printer.
May 19, 2007 4:46:00 AM

1) Ensure that the Workgroup is off the same name in both the computers.
2) In Vista Go to "Network Sharing and center" you will find your type of network, it should be set to "Private" and not public. If it is listed as Public, click on the tiny blue colored Customize link and change it to Private.
3) Try connecting to printer
a)\\Ip address of Computer 1 in run box or
b)Browse for the printer via add a printer in Printers via Control panel.

If you are getting any further errors then firewall needs to be configured on the one or both the computers (easiest way to check this is ensure ping computer 1 works on computer 2 and Viceversa)

Any further errors - Check in google.

Regards
RockBala (from India)
!