korax234

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Ok Shut off the laptop. Went to eat came home turned it on and it flashed a blue screen then auto rebooted. Won't even boot into safe mode. Here is what the blue screen says if i make it stop rebooting.....

Process1_Initilization_Failed

Technical Info:
STOP: 0x0000006B (0xC000007A, 0x00000008, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

The last thing changed is my wife hooked up her Moto Razr v3 and installed there drivers. But it won't even boot into safe mode or last good known configuration.

Please help my wife really doesn't want me to format the HD and there is no floppy drive on the laptop so it makes it difficault. I used to be really into computers so im not stupid just need help fast.

Thanks guys.

pscowboy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
Two things to try:

1. Pop in your XP cd and boot to it. You will come to the first Repair screen. Press r to get the Recovery Console. If you're asked to type in an Administrator password - just hit Enter.

This will get you a "C" prompt. Whatever your cd Drive letter is - that'll be "D" if you have one hd; "E" if you have two - type it in with a colon. You want to access the cd. When you get there, type cd i386.

If you're successful reaching that folder, it will be listed as part of the prompt. Type in the following:

copy ntdll.dll c:\windows\system32.

Type exit - the machine will reboot - do not boot from the cd this time.

If that didn't solve it, restart and boot to the cd. At the first Repair screen hit Enter - at the second Repair screen hit r. An overwrite install will happen of the system files. Nothing personal is touched.

There will be two restarts during install - do not boot to the cd.

Post back.