April 24, 2007 12:54:08 AM

I just cant seem to get this thing to go FAST

amd 4000+ 64 @2712 12x multiplier
4x512 DDR 3200 kingston value @206 2.5-3-3-7
asus a8r-mvp

right now I got It stable I think at
4xHTT
errr 186mhz DDR I am pretty sure that means 3/4

I even uped my vcore to the max enabled vcore overvoltage and set HTT to 1x and DDR 1x I cant even get it to boot at over 250 HTT I WANT MORE SPEED!!!

So can anyone tell me their specs if you have a similar system? or some tips ore somthing.

More about : amd 4000 overclock

April 24, 2007 1:09:11 AM

Doesnt seem to bad for value ram.
And having 4 sticks too.

I could always get more oc with 2 sticks instead of 4.

I have the 3700+ and an x2 4400.
Have had them both to 2730mhz before with 2 sticks.
2630mhz with 4 sticks
April 24, 2007 1:12:13 AM

Quote:
4x512 DDR 3200 kingston value @206 2.5-3-3-7

Might try 3.3.3.8
Related resources
April 24, 2007 1:28:33 AM

My San Diego goes to 2800 no problem with 2,3,2,5 1T

Try 2 sticks and see how far you can go... with the mem controller on the cpu... stressing the cpu may be too much of a stress on the mem controller for the 4 sticks.

But you will benefit more from the extra ram than you would from the extra 100 or so Mhz
April 24, 2007 1:57:22 AM

Quote:
But you will benefit more from the extra ram than you would from the extra 100 or so Mhz

I agree.
April 24, 2007 2:58:28 AM

Do you think that 2-3-3-8 would be better than 2.5-3-3-7? or that it would make me able to overclock my cpu or ram more?
EDIT i mean 3-3-3-8

Thats good to know about the 4 sticks. I never realy thought about that, but it does make total sense. I am not even going to try. With my water cooling system it is quite a task just to close the side panel. the water cooling system besides its main cooling bay(or whatever you put in the cd drive slots) hase a 80x80x25mm fan connected to an 80x80x25mm of coiled copper tubing and that is connected to my side exaust fan wich is of course 80x80x25(green quad led makes my case look pretty!) with all the extra shit in there, well it is just hard to close it without somthing hitting the fan.

I just figured that a native 2.4ghz could get a lot closer to 3ghz

Also can some one give me a hand here. I get(vaguely understand) CAS RAS to CAS RAS precharge. but the 1t 2t thing i dont know even wich one is faster. not to mention there are a ton of other memory timings I leave on auto because I dont understand them.
April 24, 2007 4:28:49 AM

UH-OH!

I set my timings to 3 3 3 0 and 1:1 aka 226mhz wont boot and I cant get it to bios.

Little help?!?!
April 24, 2007 6:28:42 AM

Quote:
Do you think that 2-3-3-8 would be better than 2.5-3-3-7? or that it would make me able to overclock my cpu or ram more?
EDIT i mean 3-3-3-8

Theoretically, tighter timings are faster, but I didn't observe meaningful difference between CAS 2.5 & 3.0, as I did between 2.0 & 2.5.

Quote:
I just figured that a native 2.4ghz could get a lot closer to 3ghz

Not true in the same family of cores.

Quote:
but the 1t 2t thing i dont know even wich one is faster

1T is critical for A64. If you can run it, it will be a lot faster than 2T.

Quote:
not to mention there are a ton of other memory timings I leave on auto because I dont understand them.

Check some RAM optimization guides, i.e. http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=170999
April 24, 2007 6:31:26 AM

Clear CMOS, by jumper on the board, or by taking the battery out & shorting connectors in battery holder onboard for a few seconds. Do it with power cord UNPLUGGED.
April 24, 2007 12:26:35 PM

Ok, funny story, true story. So after I posted that last one I started messing with OCing my e6600 system and now it wont start. This morning I remembered someone talking about 4 sticks being a bit tough on the memory controller. I cracked my case and yanked 2 sticks then felt bold and OCed my stuff even more. Anyway its not stable the way I have it so I will just put it back for now. But my memory is Kingston HyperX ,huh, I could have sworn I got value ram.

Dont know were my jumpers are. CANT FIND A BATTERY. so I'm screwed for now on my e6600.
April 24, 2007 12:34:13 PM

RTFM :lol:  If you can't find your mobo's manual - download one from Asus. I don't believe you can't find the battery, I can see it on the picture on Asus website.
April 24, 2007 1:08:43 PM

I got the same processer, with the 1T thing my motherboard A8Nsli-deluxe wont allow it, that I know of with 4 sticks of 512 it can't. Are you lagging with that processer or just want faster?
April 24, 2007 1:17:43 PM

Too many cords and tubes to see the battery, yea I will just look at the manual and take out that batter when I get home. I set to 1t timgins with 2 sticks in back at my stable oc of 226 and 206 for my memory, wouldnt start, but I had to go.

Its not "lagging" but it can drop below 40fps on the fear test at max, lowest was 38fps but like 90 percent is abuve 60, or whatever the top group is. So basicly I just want mOre POWER!!!

Thanks for that link, it sounds like it will be fun!
April 24, 2007 4:44:48 PM

the higher cpu frequency will only really crunch numbers faster... you are going to want to either replace or overclock your video card to get the 'more power' results in your pc games and whatnot.

My 3700+ will boot into windows a litte bit faster with the 600mhz OC but not much else.

In HL2 video stress test, when I have my system at stock and all settings on high for HL2 @ 1600x1200 i get an average of 72 fps.

When I OC my videocard to my current safe max, I get 100.02 fps max.

However if I just overclock my CPU to 2800 from 2200, then I gain an extra 2 fps. 2 little itty bitty frames per second.

In Super Pi I shave a bunch of time off though lol, so the OC is doing something. But don't expect the computer to magically shoot flames out the tailpipe once it passes a specific frequency.

90% of the reason I pushed my 3700+ to 2800mhz... is so I could say hey... look at me... I paid for a 3700+ and got an FX-57 8)
April 24, 2007 10:20:09 PM

Hey not home yet, I am having my lil brother take the batteries out out now. I was shopping all day at work lol. got a nice PSU that lights up blu, moduler plugs nice nice. My current one is 420watt it is probably about to splode! I got some ram heatsinks for my 2 grahics cards. x1800xt and 8800 GTS. I got the kingwin ac-3000 because one the kingwin website it says works with ALL Nvidea and ati cards... guess what... NO IT DOESNT, doesnt fit on the 8800's I cut some pieces off and bent some others and got it to fit. but I had no idea the memory got so hot, nearly melted my ballz off and beleive me it was an effort to get them in there in the first place.

err. sorry I am pretty sure I had some kind of point but I seem to have forgotten it.

EDIT
I remembered.
I do video editing and multitask alot. for example I will be playing counterstrike listening to music browsing the net playing snes roms, and ocasionally playing some other game too like maybe WoW(not my account, its not worth 144 bucks a year or whatever, to me) So clock speed is important

EDIT 2
Dude it is not my day! I come how and get them both to turn on, then I notice my waterblock has literaly fallen off my AMD one little tab thing has brocken off my mother board :(  well I got it back on but of course my cpu is running like 10C hotter but under load that is 54C so its not devistating till I get more thermal past.

QUESTION
Is one thermal past better than another?
April 25, 2007 3:57:28 PM

There are a couple good options for thermal paste; I don't have the link to the thermal paste shootout but there is a hard to get brand called Shin-Tsu or something that won that shootout with Arctic Silver Ceramique coming in a close second and AS5 trailing way behind the top performers. Since AS Ceramique is easy to get I would recommend it for sure. It is also a lot cheaper than AS5 :) 

On my 4600+ 65w version I have gotten to 3.1ghz stable, but once I started cranking my memory up I couldn't keep 3.1ghz stable. I was able to get 3.0ghz stable with timings of 5-5-5-18 2T on Corsair XMS2 memory clocked to about 1000mhz. I ran it through some benches with that setup and with the same CPU clock but with a more conservative Memory overclock with 4-4-4-12 2T timings; but in the end the looser timings and higher memory overclock trounced it in performance so that is the way I keep it now (I actually keep it at 2.94Ghz 12x245 just so I dont feel like I am constantly running my stuff at its maximum). I can't even think about getting a 1T command rate with this memory though for whatever reason :( 

I think if I had a better cooler instead of this Zalman 9500 I could stabilize a bit higher CPU overclock...higher quality memory wouldn't hurt me either.

I would say for the memory you have that that is a pretty nice OC :) 
!