when booting up win xp i get blue screen saying bad_pool_?

madscotsman

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
hi all im new on here.
i keep getting a blue screen on boot up saying "bad_pool_ sending" it doesnt stay up long enough to read, it then goes and does a drive check, and just continues doing the same over and over and over.
i dont have a win xp disc as i wasnt supplied with one with my computer, so i have tried using a freinds disc just to see if i can boot from disc, when i get this option for about a milli second before it does something else, i cant use the keyboard same problem when i hit f8 and try to boot in safe mode, just does not respond.
when it finishes doing the drive check, there is no drive errors, there are 1 or 2 regestry errors but it says windows has fixed this problem, but then it trys to boot up into windows and then the blue screen.

i have tried connecting a ide hard drive to see if i can boot up with that and then maybe onto the sata hardrive, but it wont recognise the ide hardrive.
i have no printer or scanner connected while doing this.

HELP plz before i have no hair left
thanks
madscotsman from Aberdeen

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Check this out

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000474.htm

Before I started fooling around with the Master Boot Record, I'd go into the BIOS and set it to the Original setting, usually in the Exit setting but sometimes else where most BIOS have a Performance and a Standard setting. Then I'd check to make sure all the drives are connected. Then I'd clear the CMOS and see what happens. Generally when this has happened to me it was the hard drive and I had to use the repair program from the mfg, which will wipe everything on the drive out. You could always install it as a 2nd drive of another computer and if you can see, backup anything you don't want to use.