Ode to Kurtrail

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

There is a famous photographer named Kurt. He used to have a last name, but
due to his fame, he has long ceased using it. He is now known only as Kurt.

Kurt has spent years hiking up and down the Appalachian Trail, recording the
moods of the trail during all four seasons. His photographs are over
powering in their composition and beauty. Many of these photographs are on
display in art museums, banks corporate offices - any place that fine art is
admired. Kurt has been favorably compared with Alfred Stieglitz, Ansel
Adams, Minor White, Eugene Atget and many more. His place in antiquity has
been assured!

The starting price for one of Kurt's signed photographs is many tens of
thousands of dollars and are, obviously, available only to the rich.

Kurt has seen fit to have published a coffee table book containing twenty of
his most famous photographs. This book is sold in finer book stores for
$299.00.

I went to a book signing last week where I was able to approach Kurt,
purchase one of his fabulous books and have it signed. After he signed the
book, in a very personal way, I walked over to the copy machine and made 2
copies of every photograph in the book. These I gave to my son and daughter,
as they were in attendance with me. As we started to walk away Kurt had a
professional hissy fit. He told me I couldn't do that and demanded money for
two additional books.

Well, I never!

"Fair use" I exclaimed. "I have already paid for the book and I own it!"
Kurt would have none of that.

"But Kurt", I said, "you are fabulously rich and don't need any more money.
You have a mansion and a private jet. You have a fourteen car garage and a
chauffeur for each automobile. You have vacation homes on six of the seven
continents. You want for nothing!"

Kurt had me handcuffed and taken away!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

The devil made me do it!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Richard Urban wrote:
> There is a famous photographer named Kurt. He used to have a last
> name, but due to his fame, he has long ceased using it. He is now
> known only as Kurt.
>

> Kurt has spent years hiking up and down the Appalachian Trail,
> recording the moods of the trail during all four seasons. His
> photographs are over powering in their composition and beauty. Many
> of these photographs are on display in art museums, banks corporate
> offices - any place that fine art is admired. Kurt has been favorably
> compared with Alfred Stieglitz, Ansel Adams, Minor White, Eugene
> Atget and many more. His place in antiquity has been assured!
>

> The starting price for one of Kurt's signed photographs is many tens
> of thousands of dollars and are, obviously, available only to the
> rich.
>

> Kurt has seen fit to have published a coffee table book containing
> twenty of his most famous photographs. This book is sold in finer
> book stores for $299.00.
>

> I went to a book signing last week where I was able to approach Kurt,
> purchase one of his fabulous books and have it signed. After he
> signed the book, in a very personal way, I walked over to the copy
> machine and made 2 copies of every photograph in the book. These I
> gave to my son and daughter, as they were in attendance with me. As
> we started to walk away Kurt had a professional hissy fit. He told me
> I couldn't do that and demanded money for two additional books.
>

> Well, I never!
>

> "Fair use" I exclaimed. "I have already paid for the book and I own
> it!" Kurt would have none of that.
>

> "But Kurt", I said, "you are fabulously rich and don't need any more
> money. You have a mansion and a private jet. You have a fourteen car
> garage and a chauffeur for each automobile. You have vacation homes
> on six of the seven continents. You want for nothing!"
>

> Kurt had me handcuffed and taken away!

LOL! But if you look at the footer of all my pages on
http://www.kurttrail.com, you'll see that my work is under a Creative
Commons license.

From http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/:

You are free:

to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work

to make derivative works

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must give the original author credit.

Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.

Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may
distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this
one.

For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license
terms of this work.

Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the
copyright holder.

Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.

--
Peace!
Kurt

LMFAO!! Thanks for making my day!!

xfiler

Although to be fair - Kurt does have an excellent
Creative Commons License.

Hmmm - Kurt makes art - This I have to see!!
(gotta be better than mscum.com)

you knew!

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:03:46 -0400, Richard Urban wrote:

> There is a famous photographer named Kurt. He used to have a last name,
> but due to his fame, he has long ceased using it. He is now known only
> as Kurt.
>
> Kurt has spent years hiking up and down the Appalachian Trail, recording
> the moods of the trail during all four seasons. His photographs are over
> powering in their composition and beauty. Many of these photographs are
> on display in art museums, banks corporate offices - any place that fine
> art is admired. Kurt has been favorably compared with Alfred Stieglitz,
> Ansel Adams, Minor White, Eugene Atget and many more. His place in
> antiquity has been assured!
>
> The starting price for one of Kurt's signed photographs is many tens of
> thousands of dollars and are, obviously, available only to the rich.
>
> Kurt has seen fit to have published a coffee table book containing
> twenty of his most famous photographs. This book is sold in finer book
> stores for $299.00.
>
> I went to a book signing last week where I was able to approach Kurt,
> purchase one of his fabulous books and have it signed. After he signed
> the book, in a very personal way, I walked over to the copy machine and
> made 2 copies of every photograph in the book. These I gave to my son
> and daughter, as they were in attendance with me. As we started to walk
> away Kurt had a professional hissy fit. He told me I couldn't do that
> and demanded money for two additional books.
>
> Well, I never!
>
> "Fair use" I exclaimed. "I have already paid for the book and I own it!"
> Kurt would have none of that.
>
> "But Kurt", I said, "you are fabulously rich and don't need any more
> money. You have a mansion and a private jet. You have a fourteen car
> garage and a chauffeur for each automobile. You have vacation homes on
> six of the seven continents. You want for nothing!"
>
> Kurt had me handcuffed and taken away!

I saved this - nice job.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Richard Urban wrote:

<snip>

> Kurt had me handcuffed and taken away!

Except that copyright violation is not a criminal offence and you
wouldn't get arrested for it.

Steve

Steve N. wrote:
> Richard Urban wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> Kurt had me handcuffed and taken away!
>>

> Except that copyright violation is not a criminal offence and you
> wouldn't get arrested for it.

Please! Your talking to a man that broadcasts his "morals," but
admittedly refuses to explain them when questioned about those "morals"
that he brought up in the first place!

Like he cares about his fiction being an honest representation of
reality!

Below is not a work of fiction [though it is edited]:

Crusty: "I purchase a copy for each of my computers because it is, what
I consider, 'morally' correct!"

kurttrail: "Why? Don't you think that 'fair use' is morally correct?
If not, why do
you think that the concept of 'fair use' is immoral?"

Crusty: "I'm not getting drawn in Kurt, unlike other who go for the
bait. You
should know me by now!"

kurttrail: "No, you are just like many of the others. Don't answer the
tough questions . . . . You are just unwilling, or unable to explain why
you believe that."

Crusty: "That is right Kurt. I am NOT going to explain my morals to
you, or the
reasons for them being as they are! That is between myself and those I
hold
dearest to me - my children! I hope you can respect that!"

For an unedited transcript of this conversation see:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_frm/thread/ff3f41a3ce308fc4/e03e89d527cd5ef8?q=%22I+purchase+a+copy+for+each+of+my+computers+because+it+is,+what+I+consider,%22+group:microsoft.public.windowsxp.general+author:Richard+author:Urban&rnum=1&hl=en#e03e89d527cd5ef8

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

His photos are quite good actually! He has a competent understanding of the
use of a slow shutter speed for desired effects.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"xfiler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> LMFAO!! Thanks for making my day!!
>
> xfiler
>
> Although to be fair - Kurt does have an excellent
> Creative Commons License.
>
> Hmmm - Kurt makes art - This I have to see!!
> (gotta be better than mscum.com)

Alias

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Was that supposed to be funny?

Alias

"Richard Urban"

<richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote

> There is a famous photographer named Kurt. He used to have a last name,
> but due to his fame, he has long ceased using it. He is now known only as
> Kurt.
>

> Kurt has spent years hiking up and down the Appalachian Trail, recording
> the moods of the trail during all four seasons. His photographs are over
> powering in their composition and beauty. Many of these photographs are on
> display in art museums, banks corporate offices - any place that fine art
> is admired. Kurt has been favorably compared with Alfred Stieglitz, Ansel
> Adams, Minor White, Eugene Atget and many more. His place in antiquity has
> been assured!
>

> The starting price for one of Kurt's signed photographs is many tens of
> thousands of dollars and are, obviously, available only to the rich.
>

> Kurt has seen fit to have published a coffee table book containing twenty
> of his most famous photographs. This book is sold in finer book stores for
> $299.00.
>

> I went to a book signing last week where I was able to approach Kurt,
> purchase one of his fabulous books and have it signed. After he signed the
> book, in a very personal way, I walked over to the copy machine and made 2
> copies of every photograph in the book. These I gave to my son and
> daughter, as they were in attendance with me. As we started to walk away
> Kurt had a professional hissy fit. He told me I couldn't do that and
> demanded money for two additional books.
>

> Well, I never!
>

> "Fair use" I exclaimed. "I have already paid for the book and I own it!"
> Kurt would have none of that.
>

> "But Kurt", I said, "you are fabulously rich and don't need any more
> money. You have a mansion and a private jet. You have a fourteen car
> garage and a chauffeur for each automobile. You have vacation homes on six
> of the seven continents. You want for nothing!"
>

> Kurt had me handcuffed and taken away!
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Alias

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

More like waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.

kurttrail wrote:

> Steve N. wrote:
>
>>Richard Urban wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>>Kurt had me handcuffed and taken away!
>>>

>>Except that copyright violation is not a criminal offence and you
>>wouldn't get arrested for it.
>

> Please! Your talking to a man that broadcasts his "morals," but
> admittedly refuses to explain them when questioned about those "morals"
> that he brought up in the first place!

It doesn't bother me that he doesn't want to explain his morals, in fact
I'm kind of glad he didn't; we don't need another mile-long debate here
hashing over things that have nothing to do with the operating system.

> Like he cares about his fiction being an honest representation of
> reality!

All he'd have to do is change the last line to say something like, "Kurt
had me served with papers to appear in court for copyright infringement."

Steve

> Below is not a work of fiction [though it is edited]:

I already read it once, that was enough, thanks.

<snip>

Steve

Steve N. wrote:

> It doesn't bother me that he doesn't want to explain his morals, in
> fact I'm kind of glad he didn't; we don't need another mile-long
> debate here hashing over things that have nothing to do with the
> operating system.

LOL! Yeah, lets get back to all the people who have screwed their
computers up, through their own ignorance, with spyware & viruses!

> All he'd have to do is change the last line to say something like,
> "Kurt had me served with papers to appear in court for copyright
> infringement."

But who'd want to read about a civil suit. There is a reason that
things like the People's Court & Divorce Court are on daytime TV, and
CSI and Law & Order are on primetime. Housefrau's at home with kids
will watch just about anything. Hell, you could probably get away with
programming the Paint Drying Show during daytime TV!

> I already read it once, that was enough, thanks.

Not everybody had, and it was that conversation that was the genesis of
Crusty's creative writing foray.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

>But if you look at the footer of all my pages on http://www.kurttrail.com,
>you'll see that my work is under a Creative Commons license.

Way kewl, Kurt.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

> [...]
>
> Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may
> distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
>
> For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license
> terms of this work.
>
> Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the
> copyright holder.
>
> Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

kelly

>There is a reason that things like the People's Court & Divorce Court are
>on daytime TV, and CSI and Law & Order are on primetime.

Good point. I must add Court TV to this sequence and find most interesting
is the coincidental planning of moon phase related incidents during the few
days before and after a full moon. Funny or not so funny how that works out
for those inflicted (massive/bi). Not sure if this is to aid or help.

Added off topic: Did great research on this for my dissertation (crimes
committed during the moon phases) and have to say that computer woes/posts
here don't stray much from the correlations.
--

> Steve N. wrote:
>
>> It doesn't bother me that he doesn't want to explain his morals, in
>> fact I'm kind of glad he didn't; we don't need another mile-long
>> debate here hashing over things that have nothing to do with the
>> operating system.
>
> LOL! Yeah, lets get back to all the people who have screwed their
> computers up, through their own ignorance, with spyware & viruses!
>
>> All he'd have to do is change the last line to say something like,
>> "Kurt had me served with papers to appear in court for copyright
>> infringement."
>
> But who'd want to read about a civil suit. There is a reason that things
> like the People's Court & Divorce Court are on daytime TV, and CSI and Law
> & Order are on primetime. Housefrau's at home with kids will watch just
> about anything. Hell, you could probably get away with programming the
> Paint Drying Show during daytime TV!
>
>> I already read it once, that was enough, thanks.
>
> Not everybody had, and it was that conversation that was the genesis of
> Crusty's creative writing foray.
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Nice work, Richard. Can you do one for me? :eek:)

--

Kelly wrote:
> Nice work, Richard. Can you do one for me? :eek:)

You'll need to inspire him as I did, Kelly.

Do you think you are up for that? ;-)

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> You'll need to inspire him as I did, Kelly.
> Do you think you are up for that? ;-)

I am no match for you, Kurt and wouldn't even know "how" to be up for that!
<bg> Shoot, seeing the great talent of Richard had my southern side
thinking he could do a condensed milder version for me? Oh well, my bad for
thinking.
--

All in fun yall,

> Kelly wrote:
>> Nice work, Richard. Can you do one for me? :eek:)
>
> You'll need to inspire him as I did, Kelly.
>
> Do you think you are up for that? ;-)
>
> --
> Peace!
> Kurt
> Self-anointed Moderator
> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Lovers act like this after a breakup.

"Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message news:OUpAOpaSFHA.2860@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> More like waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on your hands.
>
> Alias
>
> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote
>
>> The devil made me do it!
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> There is a famous photographer named Kurt. He used to have a last name,
>>> but due to his fame, he has long ceased using it. He is now known only as
>>> Kurt.
>>>

>>> Kurt has spent years hiking up and down the Appalachian Trail, recording
>>> the moods of the trail during all four seasons. His photographs are over
>>> powering in their composition and beauty. Many of these photographs are
>>> on display in art museums, banks corporate offices - any place that fine
>>> art is admired. Kurt has been favorably compared with Alfred Stieglitz,
>>> Ansel Adams, Minor White, Eugene Atget and many more. His place in
>>> antiquity has been assured!
>>>

>>> The starting price for one of Kurt's signed photographs is many tens of
>>> thousands of dollars and are, obviously, available only to the rich.
>>>

>>> Kurt has seen fit to have published a coffee table book containing twenty
>>> of his most famous photographs. This book is sold in finer book stores
>>> for $299.00.
>>>

>>> I went to a book signing last week where I was able to approach Kurt,
>>> purchase one of his fabulous books and have it signed. After he signed
>>> the book, in a very personal way, I walked over to the copy machine and
>>> made 2 copies of every photograph in the book. These I gave to my son and
>>> daughter, as they were in attendance with me. As we started to walk away
>>> Kurt had a professional hissy fit. He told me I couldn't do that and
>>> demanded money for two additional books.
>>>

>>> Well, I never!
>>>

>>> "Fair use" I exclaimed. "I have already paid for the book and I own it!"
>>> Kurt would have none of that.
>>>

>>> "But Kurt", I said, "you are fabulously rich and don't need any more
>>> money. You have a mansion and a private jet. You have a fourteen car
>>> garage and a chauffeur for each automobile. You have vacation homes on
>>> six of the seven continents. You want for nothing!"
>>>

>>> Kurt had me handcuffed and taken away!
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>>
>>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)
>>>
>>> If you knew as much as you think you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

In news:eLVxwWbSFHA.3372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
kurttrail <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> respectfully replied
;-)
> Richard Urban wrote:
>> There is a famous photographer named Kurt. He used to have a last
>> name, but due to his fame, he has long ceased using it. He is now
>> known only as Kurt.
>>

>> Kurt has spent years hiking up and down the Appalachian Trail,
>> recording the moods of the trail during all four seasons. His
>> photographs are over powering in their composition and beauty. Many
>> of these photographs are on display in art museums, banks corporate
>> offices - any place that fine art is admired. Kurt has been favorably
>> compared with Alfred Stieglitz, Ansel Adams, Minor White, Eugene
>> Atget and many more. His place in antiquity has been assured!
>>

>> The starting price for one of Kurt's signed photographs is many tens
>> of thousands of dollars and are, obviously, available only to the
>> rich.
>>

>> Kurt has seen fit to have published a coffee table book containing
>> twenty of his most famous photographs. This book is sold in finer
>> book stores for $299.00.
>>

>> I went to a book signing last week where I was able to approach Kurt,
>> purchase one of his fabulous books and have it signed. After he
>> signed the book, in a very personal way, I walked over to the copy
>> machine and made 2 copies of every photograph in the book. These I
>> gave to my son and daughter, as they were in attendance with me. As
>> we started to walk away Kurt had a professional hissy fit. He told me
>> I couldn't do that and demanded money for two additional books.
>>

>> Well, I never!
>>

>> "Fair use" I exclaimed. "I have already paid for the book and I own
>> it!" Kurt would have none of that.
>>

>> "But Kurt", I said, "you are fabulously rich and don't need any more
>> money. You have a mansion and a private jet. You have a fourteen car
>> garage and a chauffeur for each automobile. You have vacation homes
>> on six of the seven continents. You want for nothing!"
>>

>> Kurt had me handcuffed and taken away!
>
> LOL! But if you look at the footer of all my pages on
> http://www.kurttrail.com, you'll see that my work is under a Creative
> Commons license.
>
> From http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/:
>
> You are free:
>
> to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
>
> to make derivative works
>
> Under the following conditions:
>
> Attribution. You must give the original author credit.
>
> Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
>
> Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may
> distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this
> one.
>
> For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the
> license terms of this work.
>
> Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the
> copyright holder.
>
> Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.

A round of applause goes out to Richard. LOL
It took me awhile, and I still don't completely agree with you on all
"points", but I have not found any information you give that is in violation
of any law. Contract breeches are not illegal, they are civil matters and
are enforced at the discretion of the holder of the contract agreement.
So far now the decision is a conundrum that has no definitive answer. Right
now it is not illegal to breech the contract agreement, but you do have to
be deceptive to do so. If your reasoning is the agreement is not applicable
to your understanding of fair use, your action is based in a civil
disagreement of the unresolved contract. The situation would be different if
it was a commercial use contract violation.

Personally I try to help the users that post here to fix a problem with the
prime objective being the least amount of data loss, if the user has to use
extraordinary means to do so, I feel like they have the right to do so. I
don't condone or promote the use of the built in workarounds Microsoft left
available to users for troubleshooting and data retrieval, but I will supply
[and do on my web site]when the information when it is necessary.
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

In news:%23dcJgchSFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Kelly <kelly@mvps.org> respectfully replied ;-)
>> You'll need to inspire him as I did, Kelly.
>> Do you think you are up for that? ;-)
>
> I am no match for you, Kurt and wouldn't even know "how" to be up for
> that! <bg> Shoot, seeing the great talent of Richard had my southern
> side thinking he could do a condensed milder version for me? Oh
> well, my bad for thinking.

Naw, it was a viable southern side thinking. You are already a legend and an
easy subject for a Richard's an Ode to Kelly.
--

Michael Stevens wrote:
> [...]
>> copyright holder.
>>
>> Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
>
> A round of applause goes out to Richard. LOL
> It took me awhile, and I still don't completely agree with you on all
> "points", but I have not found any information you give that is in
> violation of any law. Contract breeches are not illegal, they are
> civil matters and are enforced at the discretion of the holder of the
> contract agreement. So far now the decision is a conundrum that has no
> definitive answer.
> Right now it is not illegal to breech the contract agreement, but you
> do have to be deceptive to do so. If your reasoning is the agreement
> is not applicable to your understanding of fair use, your action is
> based in a civil disagreement of the unresolved contract. The
> situation would be different if it was a commercial use contract

I believe that the EULA usage terms are perfectly valid commercial use
terms. I only have a problem with the usage terms of the EULA when it
comes to private non-commercial use by an individual.

> Personally I try to help the users that post here to fix a problem
> with the prime objective being the least amount of data loss, if the
> user has to use extraordinary means to do so, I feel like they have
> the right to do so. I don't condone or promote the use of the built
> in workarounds Microsoft left available to users for troubleshooting
> and data retrieval, but I will supply [and do on my web site]when the
> information when it is necessary.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I just don't know enough about you Kelly to be able to compose a satire.

Kurt is very visible in what he believes in (nothing wrong with that). It's
just that I don't believe the same. Nothing wrong with that either (well, to
Kurt it is - I guess). Hell, he's a smart guy and he does help people out
here when he wants to go technical (-:

I do know that I have been saving many of your posts going back some three
years now, I have learned much from them.

Keep up the good work!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

>> You'll need to inspire him as I did, Kelly.
>> Do you think you are up for that? ;-)
>
> I am no match for you, Kurt and wouldn't even know "how" to be up for
> that! <bg> Shoot, seeing the great talent of Richard had my southern side
> thinking he could do a condensed milder version for me? Oh well, my bad
> for thinking.
> --
>
> All in fun yall,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "kurttrail" <dontemailme@anywhereintheknowuniverse.org> wrote in message
>> Kelly wrote:
>>> Nice work, Richard. Can you do one for me? :eek:)
>>
>> You'll need to inspire him as I did, Kelly.
>>
>> Do you think you are up for that? ;-)
>>
>> --
>> Peace!
>> Kurt
>> Self-anointed Moderator
>> microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
>> http://microscum.com/mscommunity
>> "Trustworthy Computing" is only another example of an Oxymoron!
>> "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> Naw, it was a viable southern side thinking. You are already a legend and
> an easy subject for a Richard's an Ode to Kelly.

Thanks, Michael, I think! <w>

--

"Michael Stevens" <mstevens@bogusmvps.org> wrote in message
> In news:%23dcJgchSFHA.3544@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Kelly <kelly@mvps.org> respectfully replied ;-)
>>> You'll need to inspire him as I did, Kelly.
>>> Do you think you are up for that? ;-)
>>
>> I am no match for you, Kurt and wouldn't even know "how" to be up for
>> that! <bg> Shoot, seeing the great talent of Richard had my southern
>> side thinking he could do a condensed milder version for me? Oh
>> well, my bad for thinking.
>
> Naw, it was a viable southern side thinking. You are already a legend and
> an easy subject for a Richard's an Ode to Kelly.
> --
> Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
> xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com
> For a better newsgroup experience. Setup a newsreader.
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm

kelly

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Was just messin' around, Richard. And thanks for your comments and support.
:eek:)