kolemunky

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Ive gotten my holds on a freebie copy of vista home premium. I was wanting opinions what others would do.
1. sit on it until the bugs/poor performance get worked out
2. install it and pray for the best.
3. sell it to some sucker.

I would like to play around with it, but from what ive seen from the setups at best buy its just ...well ... "shiny"and it eats a buttload of memory. I also dont want to have to worry about reloading xp pro after i figure out its terrible, if in fact it truly is terrible. btw my rig is more than capable of running it. x2 at 3.03, 2 gigs of ram, & a 7900gtx.
thx in advance.

danny9894

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
I just bought the Business version but I have been testing this for a while so I know all my programs that I use will work fine with it. Now if you are unsure you want to make the switch to Vista completely or that you have no idea if some programs will run as well or at all with Vista I would dual boot Vista with XP.

danny9894

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
I have not tried the upgrade so I mean you could partition your xp install and then in the upgrade process choose to do a clean install then just point it towards the empty partition. (I have not tried this yet with the upgrade version)

G

Unless you are running a server then wait until the crappy performance issues are resolved. You will want to wait because if you sell it microsoft will abandon you and your XP because they want their company to grow.