Hmm.. Should I wait for the 2900XTX or go with the 2900XT?

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
After hearing the XTX is going to be pushed back til June I'm starting to get a bit impatient. =\ Should I wait for it or go with 2900XT? Is the difference between the 2 the clock speeds, RAM, & GDDR4 (for XTX)? Is there going to be a big performance difference because of these? At least big enough to warrant the extra wait that is...

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Why do people ask questions like this without any solid information, but only possibly a few hours before such infomation comes out..

After reading around a bit, that's the info I've got so far. I was wondering if anyone else knew more than that is all.

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Why do people ask questions like this without any solid information, but only possibly a few hours before such infomation comes out..

After reading around a bit, that's the info I've got so far. I was wondering if anyone else knew more than that is all.

Heh - no worries, but if they did, we'd all be talking about it as at this stage it's the most highly anticipated news for this forum.

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004

Heh - no worries, but if they did, we'd all be talking about it as at this stage it's the most highly anticipated news for this forum.

Meh, so I got the ball rolling early! :p lol

pauldh

Illustrious
If you can buy a HD2900XT today, go for it. It would sell for a big premium on ebay. If you can't buy them today, why ask such a question when we have so little info on either card?

Glacier

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2004
If you can buy a HD2900XT today, go for it. It would sell for a big premium on ebay. If you can't buy them today, why ask such a question when we have so little info on either card?

No kidding, we are all in the dark right now. The press in Tunisia probably know the answer to that question, but they can't tell us for several weeks. Thank you AMD, you just had to make them sign non-disclosure agreements! :evil:

phil178821

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2007
man.. this has to be one of the most irritating waits ever.. what was the initial projection for release.. december '06? eh!

i am banking on one of the reporters that met in tunisia leaking some info. lol
. lucky b*stards.

laytons

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2007
maybe their plan all along was to not only perfect the r600s but time travel as well.so not only do they release a perfect card but they can go back and release it early.

phil178821

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2007
maybe their plan all along was to not only perfect the r600s but time travel as well.so not only do they release a perfect card but they can go back and release it early.

lol maybe.. either way.. if they dont come out soon i will have to go with a gts..

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Man this is aggrivating waiting, my whole system is just waiting to be built, the only thing I'm waiting on is the R600! Gahhhh.. and the XTX better come out right away!

sabenfox

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Are you saying you already have all the parts except the R600, or you already know what you are going to buy, and ur just waiting for the R600

If you already bought the parts, that sux :p

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Man this is aggrivating waiting, my whole system is just waiting to be built, the only thing I'm waiting on is the R600! Gahhhh.. and the XTX better come out right away!
So you bought all your parts before the R600 was even released? Why the hell would you do that?

My suggestion is wait. The 2900XT's are going to be selling for a preium when they first come out and letting that settle down will give you time to find out more about the XTX. Don't just the gun yet. Nvidia might counter with lower prices and the ATI may have to counter as well. You don't know. I'm waiting till the dust settles before buying my next card... which will most likely be ATI unless they scare me away somehow.

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
Are you saying you already have all the parts except the R600, or you already know what you are going to buy, and ur just waiting for the R600

If you already bought the parts, that sux :p

So you bought all your parts before the R600 was even released? Why the hell would you do that?

Of course I didn't buy the parts yet! lol why would I do that? But I know what I want, it's all in stock, just no R600 yet. And price isn't really a big issue since I got a friend who works at ATI & I can get any card for 50% off. :)

phil178821

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2007
Of course I didn't buy the parts yet! lol why would I do that? But I know what I want, it's all in stock, just no R600 yet. And price isn't really a big issue since I got a friend who works at ATI & I can get any card for 50% off. :)

damn you wanna sell me one.. ill pay 75% ;-)