Sign in with
Your question

Windows will not save theme and color settings (plz help)

Last response: in Windows XP
January 31, 2007 12:00:15 AM

Hi guys, well my dads new high tech workstation that he just updated and prepared for professional work will not save themes as classic or keep his color settings.

he sais at work when the optimized the pc that it worked great and as soon as he braught it home this started happening.

does anyone know what could be the cause of this? basically everytime he sets the winows to "classic view" as soon as he restarts its back to normal.

anyone?

my dad is one of those ocd ppl so hes all getting freaked out over it.
January 31, 2007 12:24:06 AM

Make sure that the Theme Service is set to Automatic and is Started.

Right click My Computer icon/ Manage / Services and Applications /Services / themes>here make sure the "themes" service is on auto and running ;) 
February 1, 2007 1:00:01 PM

I have a similar issue, and I can't seem to fix it. It extends beyond themes and includes my sounds scheme, Screen Saver, etc. They all keep coming back after reboot and it's pretty irritating.

I've tried the registry below but to no avail... although it might help the original poster.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

[code:1:ad0e755cc1][HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoSaveSettings"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"SystemTray"="SysTray.Exe"[/code:1:ad0e755cc1]
Related resources
February 2, 2007 9:40:40 PM

I have the same problem as syfy. Windows doesn't save any of my settings. Extremely annoying. Please help.
February 2, 2007 9:59:05 PM

can you 2 scan your os partitioin for Ntuser.man and see if your search finds that?
February 3, 2007 11:29:45 AM

I did a search and can find no such file. Should I have it?
February 3, 2007 6:56:27 PM

no if did that may have been the problem, and then you would have needed to change it to Ntuser.dat which you already have on your pc.
!