being redirected somehow

riverone

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2007
dunno if this is the right forum, but i'm thinking this is a network/dns problem. 1st off i believe i've been hacked after recently finding viruses after a virus scan. now that (i think) it's clean after several virus scanners, i'm having problems loggin into the game server world of warcraft AND the website itself, although i have no problems on any other websites. i do know they work cause i tried them on a diff. system. so i ran a tracert to www.worldofwarcraft.com and also us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com and both had the same result:
Tracing route to us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com [127.0.0.1]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms worldofwarcraft.com [127.0.0.1]

Trace complete.

i know something is directing this to myself as 127.0.0.1 is me. in addition, i've also checked the host file and it's perfectly fine as well. so my question is, what else could make either one of those addy's change to 127.0.0.1?

any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

El0him

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Well... that was hilarious... sort of...

I think it's a sign that someone doesn't want you to play that game anymore.

I don't believe your ISP would do that to you. However, you may want to point your DNS server somewhere else to rule that out. As a last resort, create the DNS entry in your host file, your windows machine should check there first for DNS.