A recent 'thing' that has come up, not sure if it is my PC

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
The Last 2 episodes of the Colbert Report and the Daily Show that I have downloaded have been very different from the dozens that I have before.

Links to the Files that I am talking about:
http://www.isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=the+daily+show
The One for 1/29/07, which at this time has 1131 sources, not exactly rare.
http://www.isohunt.com/torrents/?ihq=the+colbert+report
also the One for 1/29/07

When I download these files they come out without preview (see screenshot.)
When I double-click on them it launches my default .avi media player: Windows Media Player 11. However, upon launching it does nothing more.
Right Clicking on the file leads to some impressive finds. The menu is surprisingly short only containing 'Play' 'Add to Windows Media Player list' 'Open With'(without a list to the right) 'Send to'.
I managed to open the file in VLC player by manually selecting it in the Open With selection. Once in VLC player I took a screenshot of the said specs of the video. The video plays fine.

Probably the most shocking of the issues is that I cannot move the file outside of the folder into which it downloaded, however, oh well wow.

Well, let me interject here. Upon moving the folder not the file to the desktop, the preview is enabled and I am able to play the file in WMP11.
Still, I refuse to say that the time I spent authoring this post will have gone in vain; why does this happen?

I use Azureus to download the video.

Good night, and good luck to all

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Ah my painstakingly uploaded screenshots:

concerned.jpg

and the VLC player specs:

concernedsomeinfo.jpg

good night

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
sounds like your file is in use by something else not letting you move or play it, if you previewed it or tried to preview it before it was complete or right as soon as it was complete then it probably the wmp holding it, this was an old problem with xp and avi, I thought it was taken care of.

or it could have been Azureus holding it somewhere perhaps it was being downloaded by others from you during that time.

billdcat4

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Well, as far as I know I took it out of Azureus and even deleted the torrent.
But you are most probably correct, it was probably being used by a program, I would like to know which.